Setting up a skin clinic offering Botox and Filler treatments

My sister (a registered nurse for 12 years) and I are setting up a skin treatment clinic providing botox and dermal fillers.

I would like get the forums opinions on how best to advertise and promote the clinic.

I'm also interested to hear what your personal thoughts are on these types of non surgical procedures. Have you or friends had them done? Do you feel there is a stigma attached?

I have searched the forum for other threads like this but they all seem to become about "only surgeons should do this" or "your not trained for this" etc.

please don't make it about that - my sister is about trained nurse and has worked with needles for 12 years in both the NHS and private sector. She's even injected eye balls! She has completed thefillers and toxin course, and has organised insurance etc.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,623 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Personal thoughts - Botox has always sounded a dangerous procedure to me.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • wjr4
    wjr4 Posts: 1,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Instagram for advertising.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and should not be seen as financial advice.
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,298 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Saturated market these days (unless you have a prime address somewhere)
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • mizco
    mizco Posts: 19 Forumite
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Saturated market these days (unless you have a prime address somewhere)

I don;t think its about the location in this kind of business. If your serivce & reputation is good, people will find you. Obviously its not brilliant if you're in the middle of nowhere, but it doesn't need to be a high footfall area either.
  • mizco
    rjw4 wrote: »
    Instagram for advertising.

Thanks, do you have any suggestions as to the type of content?
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    Is your sister a qualified prescriber? She specifically needs to do a V300 non-medical prescribing course. Will she get further aesthetic training? She needs it before she can administer either.

http://www.aestheticprofessionals.co.uk/blog/2016/12/who-can-perform-botox-and-filler-treatments-in-the-uk/

Would you trust anyone who wasn't qualified, registered etc? In my opinion, the qualifications and experience are the most important things. How will your sister maintain her CPD? Along with hygiene and the right kinds of indemnity insurance etc. That's what I'd be looking for, if I wanted that kind of thing done. Would you trust a new clinic? I know you act like you're not interested in that, but it's really at the heart of what anyone should be looking for.

Regarding advertising, think about publications which you would trust or look to if you wanted that kind of thing doing.
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

• mizco
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Is your sister a qualified prescriber? She specifically needs to do a V300 non-medical prescribing course. Will she get further aesthetic training? She needs it before she can administer either.

http://www.aestheticprofessionals.co.uk/blog/2016/12/who-can-perform-botox-and-filler-treatments-in-the-uk/

Would you trust anyone who wasn't qualified, registered etc? In my opinion, the qualifications and experience are the most important things. How will your sister maintain her CPD? Along with hygiene and the right kinds of indemnity insurance etc. That's what I'd be looking for, if I wanted that kind of thing done. Would you trust a new clinic? I know you act like you're not interested in that, but it's really at the heart of what anyone should be looking for.

Regarding advertising, think about publications which you would trust or look to if you wanted that kind of thing doing.

Its a bit unfair to say i'm "not interested", its just that we've covered all the points you have mentioned, i.e we are ready to get started both professionally and legally.
  • Facebook and Instagram is your friend.
  • mizco
    thanks, do you have any suggestions for the type of content?
  • Wizzbang
    Wizzbang Posts: 4,716 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Rampant Recycler
    I disagree, the point I was trying to make was about appearing professional. I would not look to social media for a health professional. I work in the same business area. As I said before, you need to target professional publications.

So I'll ask the same questions again - where would you look if you wanted to find someone to do this kind of treatment? And after that, where would you be looking to check out their qualifications?

And, why would you go to a new clinic you've never heard of? Wouldn't you want the reassurance of an established brand or surgeon? You seem very naive based on what you have posted. I would suggest you and your sister need to do some further training - I'd be looking for CPD courses on setting up in independent practice. You would learn about marketing, advertising, what you legally can and cannot say, how to invoice, set up contracts, insurance and so on.

But again, if you were reputable and trained - you'd already be members of a professional body and would know this kind of thing. It's quite worrying that you need to ask in a place like this, for lay people .
    Minimalist
    Extra income since 01/11/12 £36,546.45

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family