Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    What are these pi computer things?
    And why are they so special?

All day yesterday I was at a workshop two towns away, followed by participating in a concert, which was interesting, as the workshop group, a motley collection of strangers, were performing just what we had learned that afternoon!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Awww, ono! WaSp would love that! He is obsessed with Pi's from afar hence why I was so happy to grab him the Pi Zero. What a lovely offer, yes please! If you send it to JM she can pass it onto us, do let me know if you would like any money for it or towards postage, I am happy to pay! Thank you!

Pyxis, Pi's are little computers, usually only a bit bigger than a credit card although the Pi Zero is even smaller than that. You need to add your own leads, monitors and other bits, they are basically the computer board (errr ono,help. You could explain this bit better than me!). They are surprisingly powerful and very cheap, you can use them for many things like programmers and control units if you know how which is something WaSp loves doing.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • Pyxis
    Never heard of them!

Are they just for DIY techies?

And why raspberry?

I seem to have developed a touch of tonsillitis. :(
    I used to get it an awful lot, many years ago, but haven't actually had it for yonks, not proper tonsillitis, with the white spots and all. :(
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    DH is alternating between shaking with cold (huge shivers) and sweating buckets. He has had this on and off for weeks.

Littlewing won me two bottles of wine yesterday at the village fete. Plus I bought a superb homemade quiche.

We had a long day put yesterday with different things. And a sunday roast today for a relative's birthday.

Am tired now.May need a nap!
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • You do have to know your way around a computer circuit board to use them, Pyxis. I would be lost, I can recognise the components on the board but have no idea what to do with them to make it go! Soldering broken joints on circuit boards is about as good I get, but WaSp totally understands them. WaSp said to tell you it is a normal computer that connects to a monitor, keyboard and mouse but on a much smaller scale. Raspberry Pi is just their name, like Apple!

Hope your poor throat is better soon! Tonsillitis is horrid, I had it constantly as a child but it stopped as I got older so I do sympathise.

Hope Mr Wing feels better soon! Well done Littlewing on her prizes!
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I'm going for the plonker of the day award again. Following the supergluing the mug to the kitchen work surface incident when I vowed to be more careful next time, this time I've managed to superglue the superglue tube to my fingers.

Doctor's visit tomorrow, Pyxis?
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Pyxis
    elsien wrote: »
    I

Doctor's visit tomorrow, Pyxis?

Not yet, Elsien!

I'm keeping my eye on the tonsils. If they get worse, then I'll go. Some tonsillitis is viral, so no point taking antibiotics as they wouldn't work.
    If the pus spots increase, then I'll go.
    In the meantime, I'm taking paracetamol and gargling with propolis.

If I don't do anything, but just rest, I don't feel too bad, just under the weather and listless.
    Problem is, we have an AmDram event tomorrow evening and another biggie on Saturday, an all day thing.
    Will just have to see how I go.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Once I've checked it does actually still work (should probably have done that before posting on here :o ), I'll drop JM a message and sort out posting it. Have a meeting to go to after work tonight, so may not be for a day or two.

The pi was envisaged as a cheap device to allow children to learn programming. I think a lot of them sold to nerdy people who learned programming in the era of the original BBC Micro. Such as me :D
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Thank you, ono! No rush at all, WaSp will be happy to receive it anytime! WaSp is also one of those nerdy people who learned programming in the era of the original BBC Micro :rotfl:

It's cooler here! Such a relief, I feel almost back to normal.

How is your throat today, Pyxis?

• System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I;ve given up on my printer, i managed to buy the 0ne brand that you can't get cheap refills for, they cost £20 each and i need a colour and b&w one! I refuse to spend more money on the damn thing.

Hope everyone is ok....i'm alright i guess. Modd is slightly going the other way (well, i've not been sleeping as much, have had racing thoughts, lines of songs stuck in my head, and im very irritable, which usually is a sign of impending hypermania). Thankfully its doctors day tomorrow (and medical but meh im not thinking about it).

Something happened on saturday after work but its triggering so shall penguin it

self harm penguin [penguin]I came out of work on friday as as i was walking past the toilets there was a woman who looked panicky and was calling an ambulance, i asked if she was ok and should i get security? She told me there was a woman hurting herself in the toilets. I told her i have MH problems so i would go and try to talk to her...got in there and there was blood everywhere :( She was sat in the cubicle self harming. I sat down and introduced myself, tried to get her name. She seemed very zzoned out and didd't want to talk but i tried to tell her that i have bipolar and that ive hurt myself before and that she wasnt alone and that if she wanted to talk id listen. I stayed till security and paramedics came, thankfully they managed to get her to stop and come out of the cubicle. Security took my details and i asked them to let me know if they hear anything about her. I just feel so !!!! about about it. I really wanted to help her but i couldn't :( The thing is, ive been where she was to a degree. Ive self harmed in toilets. That could have been me a few years ago. I think thats why i hoped maybe if she knew she wasn;t alone she might feel able to talk. I just hope i didnt make things worse and i hope shes ok. I haven;t stopped thinking about it since saturday. :([/penguin]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback