Avro Energy UK.

Comments

• hmmmm i'm not sure about AVRO . . . . .
    Additional Charges
    These charges may be applied to yor account when applicable.

ELECTRICITY GAS
    Meter Accuracy Test £120.00 £220.00
    Meter Disconnection £60.00 £95.00
    Meter Reconnection £60.00 £95.00
    Meter Removal £60.00 £95.00
    Meter Repositioning £60.00 £150.00
    (not supply pipe)
    Direct Debit Refusal £20.00
    per occasion
    Late Payment Fee £25.00
    for each 30 days bill remains unpaid after direct debit refusal
    Pre Disconnection Visit £90.00
    Disconnection Warrant £300.00
    per supply
    Subject Access Request £10.00
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Maxwell007 wrote: »
    hmmmm i'm not sure about AVRO . . . . .
    Additional Charges
    These charges may be applied to yor account when applicable.

ELECTRICITY GAS
    Meter Accuracy Test £120.00 £220.00
    Meter Disconnection £60.00 £95.00
    Meter Reconnection £60.00 £95.00
    Meter Removal £60.00 £95.00
    Meter Repositioning £60.00 £150.00
    (not supply pipe)
    Direct Debit Refusal £20.00
    per occasion
    Late Payment Fee £25.00
    for each 30 days bill remains unpaid after direct debit refusal
    Pre Disconnection Visit £90.00
    Disconnection Warrant £300.00
    per supply
    Subject Access Request £10.00

I think you'll find most suppliers will charge you similar fees for most/all of the above ;)

One possible exception is unpaid DD's where the Big 6 usually bump you off such a tariff onto their most expensive varaible tariff. (and may or may not also charge a fee for breaching the terms of your contract with them)

You may have difficulty in finding some of these obscure fees on some supplier's websites, but nice to see they were not difficult to find on this newcomers site :)
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm presently with Ebico for gas and Eon for electricity. My tariff with Eon ends on 16th January 2016, so I thought I would do a price comparison and used the Cheaper Energy Club and Which price comparison websites. Both came up with Avro Energy as the cheapest alternative..
    http://www.avroenergy.co.uk/
    Second was Extra energy and GB energy was third.
    I wonder if members have any experience of Avro and would they recommend it?
    From what I've read on here Extra energy looks like one to avoid but GB energy sounds like it might be one to consider.
    Any advice appreciated.

As I understand it, Avro only launched in December 2015 ... and you posted this on 01 Dec 2015.

At least you have had some replies since ... but no one has much experience with them yet, especially since you need to allow time for people to actually switch to them.
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Has anybody that has signed up to this company got any feedback?

Not in contract and just on EON's Energy Plan, according to compare the market and uSwitch, I can £515 per year by switching to this company, which is very tempting.

I will probably be moving house early next year which is a drawback, but this company does say that there is no fee to leave the plan early which is a bonus, plus if they are that cheap, I would look to move them to the new house.
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Fergie76 wrote: »
    Has anybody that has signed up to this company got any feedback?....

Did you know that for at least half an hour before you bumped this thread from 7 weeks ago, there was a thread at, or very close to, the top of this board called

Add your feedback on energy supplier Avro Energy created by MSE Fraser

;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Has anybody that has signed up to this company got any feedback?

Not in contract and just on EON's Energy Plan, according to compare the market and uSwitch, I can £515 per year by switching to this company, which is very tempting.

I will probably be moving house early next year which is a drawback, but this company does say that there is no fee to leave the plan early which is a bonus, plus if they are that cheap, I would look to move them to the new house.

That's right Fergie76, you can switch to another supplier at any time without picking up any charges. There aren't any exit fees on our standard Energy Plan tariff.

Hope your house move goes well next year.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • footyguy
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm not sure you've read Fergie76's post correctly, Malc

Or perhaps I haven't? As I read it, Fergie76 was referring to Avro's tariffs not having any early exit fees on any of their tariffs, as opposed to your standard variable tariff
    (No supplier's standard varaible tariff may have early exit fees)

Furthermore, as I understood it, Fergie76 is concerned that there may be a further complication of moving house in the near future.
    If I understood that complication correctly, can I also assure Fergie76 that no (domestic) supplier may charge early exit fees where the service is ended early due to someone moving address. :)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Not sure footyguy. As I read it, Fergie's on our standard Energy Plan so was confirming there aren't any exit fees with this tariff. Just a heads up really and not meant as a comment on Avro.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Fergie76
    Fergie76 Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks for the replies.

And no Footyguy, I never knew there was another thread. I just googled AVRO reviews and this is the one that came up.

I have been with EON for years was on a 2 year fixed deal and that expired a few years ago, never bothered moving tariffs. Just done a couple comparison sites today and they said that with AVRO I could save £515 compared with the tariff I am on with EON which is not to be sniffed at.

I didn't realise that if I move house with any supplier that I wouldn't be liable for an early exit fee.
  • Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Thanks for the replies.

And no Footyguy, I never knew there was another thread. I just googled AVRO reviews and this is the one that came up.

I have been with EON for years was on a 2 year fixed deal and that expired a few years ago, never bothered moving tariffs. Just done a couple comparison sites today and they said that with AVRO I could save £515 compared with the tariff I am on with EON which is not to be sniffed at.

I didn't realise that if I move house with any supplier that I wouldn't be liable for an early exit fee.

Not very likely, check the calculations yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure