Interactive Investor finally improves?

Options

Comments

• inflationbuster
    Options
    Got a tax form to fill and the platform can't find my tax voucher for my trading account under document history.

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    I am wondering what I'll do if they engineer a takeover of iWeb..:eek:
    What don't we do..... We don't tempt fate!

I feel as though I've spent the last decade running away from III.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I feel as though I've spent the last decade running away from III.

It is beginning to feel more like a century to me.....:mad:
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had response now to wife complaint re delay in transfer to IWEB.

...'I am partially upholding your complaint in respect to the fact that we could have handled this better...'

Then not much else ? Except option to refer to Financial Ombudsman Service? Weird response.

Anyway now well shut of a totally incompetent provider who I would least trust to be in charge of my portfolio.
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I thought I'd finally seen the last of them when the dividend payment landed and the requested 'free of charge' statement arrived today.

Opened up to reveal a colour statement, laser printed on A4. To my almost immediate horror I realised it was a simple tax year printout that ended on the 5th April 2017... which means it contains exactly sod all information I'd requested.

After all this I'm still no wiser, what dividends constituted, exactly, the single payment and for my records when they were credited to the TD/II account. Obviously I know what dividends they are but in terms of an official record from II related to the ISA account there is nothing whatsoever provided or available to show that any of these dividends were ever credited. It's almost amusing, almost.

I now have to chase after them again for what was requested in the first instance, it's starting to feel like self flagellation trying to deal with these idiots.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • philng
    philng Posts: 801 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh No!

Just realised Vodafone dividend just payable had an Ex Div date end of November so will be stuck at III meaning yet another telephone call to get it switched & then delay to IWEB.

God only knows why these are not switched automatically to new provider when the III is already closed!
  • TCA
    TCA Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I now have to chase after them again for what was requested in the first instance, it's starting to feel like self flagellation trying to deal with these idiots.

Nightmare. Given IG's new fees I'm going to avoid them and move my TD/II ISA straight to iWeb but am completely wary of even starting the process given everyone's reports on here. Having just paid the first lot of quarterly charges (the credits for which I might make use of with a sell and buy), I think I'll wait a bit longer to transfer out, until II get closer to getting their act together...........
  • JohnRo
    JohnRo Posts: 2,887 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suspect something has gone awry at some point with the backoffice and/or administrative switch over of the two systems and they're now desperately fighting fires, wise to wait.
    'We don't need to be smarter than the rest; we need to be more disciplined than the rest.' - WB
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,417 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Opened up to reveal a colour statement

At least you received a statement....

Today I received a cheque for the end December dividends - the counterfoil said "refer to statement" but statement was there none.

As for the in specie transfer, two funds still "in the ether" after close on ten weeks.
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    JohnRo wrote: »
    I suspect something has gone awry at some point with the backoffice and/or administrative switch over of the two systems and they're now desperately fighting fires, wise to wait.
    That's so unusual for III/II...:D
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills