Eager Elephant's Effective Everyday Excursion ...

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,268 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    SOrry to hear about relative :(

But so happy DD is enjoying her new school, definitely the right decision made there.

Hope you're looking after yourself too take care x

Ditto from me.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    And me too. Sounds like you have loads going on at the moment. Good news that dd is enjoying school, and I hope your dh and relative are on the up soon...
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hi EE. Have finally caught up with your diary since February. You are soooo right - it's never boring at the EE abode! Good news about your daughter and her school, but sorry to hear that relative has been poorly - he's so lucky though to have you.

Whilst reading through your diary I loved one remark you made in that you said that your family only eat meat that you have reared yourself. How wonderful to raise your own food! I'm sure that larger smallholding is there in the future for you and hubby!

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Thanks ladies.

Relative is still not walking and as the Carers are from the Crisis Team they can only do 6 days of care before longer term carers come in, the problem is relative needs a 2 person visit due to his legs not working and they don't offer this so on Friday he has been moved to a brand new cottage hospital (where people are not ill enough for hospital but not well enough to be at home).
    They can stay here for 2 weeks so with some intensive physio and hopefully the meds kicking in he should be up and walking in that time, if he isn't I am not sure what happens.

Relative thought it was a good idea as cottage hospital in the town where I work but actually the visiting times don't marry up with my work plus next week I have a lot on in the evenings and DH cant really visit as he works til late and it is 12 miles away.

One of his carers mentioned that it would make life easier for me as I wont need to visit as often, I told her I still would but after thinking about it I realise that actually I don't have to visit every day and shouldn't feel guilty as I have my home, kids, DH and animals all to sort as well.
    The house looked awful all week and I have spent hours this weekend catching up, I cant let it slip again.

Just been sorting out YNAB and the credit card bill and can confirm that we spent £580 on DD for her uniform and bits and pieces - I had budgeted £500 so not too bad.

My bank account is looking very low as had to pay deposit for hen weekend next year and 1 person dropped out so as I paid on my credit card I have paid for 2 peoples deposit - I will either find someone else to take the place or share the cost between everyone.

DH still not got his expenses from work so no debt repayment can take place. He has not yet heard back from the company we offered a 50% full and final to - this debt is not on the credit report but would be nice to get rid of it.

We have more additions to the smallholding - we collected 16 cobb chicks yesterday, these are birds for meat so by Xmas we will cull them and have in the freezer ready for next year. Lets not discuss where they will go as pigs will go for slaughter in November and we have 10 turkeys to kill for xmas and we usually only sell 3 of them but we don't mind as we can then eat turkey throughout the year.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Hi EE. Have finally caught up with your diary since February. You are soooo right - it's never boring at the EE abode! Good news about your daughter and her school, but sorry to hear that relative has been poorly - he's so lucky though to have you.

Whilst reading through your diary I loved one remark you made in that you said that your family only eat meat that you have reared yourself. How wonderful to raise your own food! I'm sure that larger smallholding is there in the future for you and hubby!

SSG x

You must have been bored SSG :rotfl:

I could have given you a synopsis to save you reading - basically its plan to pay off debt, don't, then review and moan that no debt has been paid off and repeat interspersed with buying pigs/chicks/turkeys etc:rotfl:

Just in the interests of clarity it is me who will only eat meat that we have raised (having been vegetarian for 19 years up until 6 years ago), DH and kids will eat any meat although obviously they prefer our own and we rarely need to buy meat except maybe breaded chicken which the kids like as a snack plus mince as we try to eat our own most of the time.

I am planning on how we can have a cow or 2 as would like to have beef and obviously mince although when I cook mince for the family it smells rank, not sure if that is how mince smells normally or not:rotfl:
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,282 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope your relative manages to get walking soon. Can't believe carers don't do two person visits on Fridays, can understand weekends!

I don't eat meat, not done so for 27 years, but Mr SA is a true carnivore. I don't mind cooking it for him though, as long as I don't have to eat it, it doesn't bother me.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    No double ups on a FRiday.
    Never heard the like TBH.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Sorry ladies I think my grammar may have been somewhat lacking - there are no double ups full stop (not just on Fridays).
    The mention of Friday was because relative went to the cottage hospital then.

Sorry for any confusion.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Well that is even worse.
    No double ups.
    What sort of tin pot service is that :mad: :mad:

• Seasidegal58
    Options
    You must have been bored SSG :rotfl:

I could have given you a synopsis to save you reading - basically its plan to pay off debt, don't, then review and moan that no debt has been paid off and repeat interspersed with buying pigs/chicks/turkeys etc:rotfl:

Just in the interests of clarity it is me who will only eat meat that we have raised (having been vegetarian for 19 years up until 6 years ago), DH and kids will eat any meat although obviously they prefer our own and we rarely need to buy meat except maybe breaded chicken which the kids like as a snack plus mince as we try to eat our own most of the time.

I am planning on how we can have a cow or 2 as would like to have beef and obviously mince although when I cook mince for the family it smells rank, not sure if that is how mince smells normally or not:rotfl:

Wasn't bored at all EE! You talk a lot of sense.

Re the mince - I normally brown mine off in small batches in a deep frying pan over a very high heat. It seems to keep the smell down ...

SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income