MSE News: MSE Big Energy Switch Event 5: British Gas £300/yr saving for new &...

Comments

• jelv
    jelv Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Trying to log in the the BG site this morning I'm getting
    Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request POST /uaa/login.
    Reason: Error reading from remote server
  • jelv wrote: »
    Trying to log in the the BG site this morning I'm getting

Just signed into my account no problems
  • jeglet
    jeglet Posts: 103 Forumite
    Late into this thread as I checked to see I am not the only one confused by multiple emails and ever changing service start dates. Cold comfort for us all to be in the same boat! I have 4 gas accounts, 2 x 2 duplicates, plus 1 energy account, 2 sets of meter readings submitted but none registered yet. Hopefully this does not mean I have to pay 5 times...
  • jelv
    bobstheboy wrote: »
    Just signed into my account no problems

I'm now getting
    Oops, something went wrong.

Sorry, we're having technical problems at the moment. Please come back and try again later.
  • For those already with British Gas on the MSE Collective Fix (ending this December) that took advantage of the new Collective Fix (ending October 2017), be sure to check your new direct debit and projections as failure to do so may lead to a heart attack!!

Login in to British Gas and go to Your account > Manage account > Check my plan

My previous direct debit was £81pm

Once I switched to the new Collective, BG automatically increased my direct debit to a whopping £125pm!

They then projected that at the end of the fix, they would owe me £394!!

Luckily, you can change the direct debit amount which in turn changes the projected figures at the end of the switch.

I changed mine to the minimum allowed which was £96pm which instead means I'm projected to be in credit by 11p at the end of the fix!

The money is better in your account than theirs! :beer:
  • So my original post indicating my unhappy experience so far and BG's response have been deleted. I wonder why!!

I have had four emailed supply dates, plus the original estimate, which makes a total of 5 dates so far.

Obviously the first two dates have passed, so the latest supply date (for gas) is 25th October.

Can someone please explain what is going on? Switching time is supposed to be 17 days: It is now 24 days since I started this process
  • jelv
    edited 14 October 2016 at 6:49PM
    Is this the one?
    British Gas are making a pigs @R$£ out of my transfer as well. I have had three start dates so far - two have been and gone. I have input my electric meter reading twice and my gas meter once. Nothing showing on either account. Not looking good.
    Originally posted by Crinkmeister
    Hi Crinkmeister, that's certainly doesn't sound like a great start.
    However I'm sure we've got your readings it’s just that you can't view them until the account is fully set up & you'll still see a link to submit readings until that time.
    In the meantime, if you'd like to pop me a copy of the emails you've received with the different start dates and I'll look into what's caused this. Just email your details to me at [EMAIL="talktous@britishgas.co.uk"]talktous@britishgas.co.uk[/EMAIL] & include your MSE username & MSE Forums in the subject heading. Cheers, Matt

If so it's still where you posted it: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71443940#9
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Just had a "How did we do?" email:

Dear Polymaff
    Thank you for recently buying from us.

We are committed to using what our customers tell us to improve our service and would appreciate you taking a few minutes to tell us how we did.

Ha bloody ha :)
  • jelv wrote: »
    Is this the one?

If so it's still where you posted it: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71443940#9

Thanks jelv. When I did a search for all my posts, it didn't show up. Perhaps I am going mad!!:rotfl:
  • wolfers
    wolfers Posts: 246 Forumite
    This switch has so far been a disaster.

British Gas customer service is unbelievably bad.

EVERY time I call I get an automated message saying how busy they are and how I should maybe use their website. I've never successfully spoken to a human being.

I sent an online form instead and was told it would take three days to get a response. Today I got an e-mail saying how busy they are and that I'd have to wait TEN days for a response.

I got an e-mail today saying I should by now have received an e-mail confirming my payments and usage. I haven't.

I got an e-mail today saying I should now register online using my customer number, which is on all e-mails and letters. It's on none of them, so I can't register.

This is astonishingly poor customer service. I'm cancelling the switch and sticking with Scottish Power. They actually answer the phone.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure