Faulty mobile replaced with different colour

13»

Comments

• The way I look at it is like this.

If retailers didn't think that the colour of mobile phones was important to many customers, why do they bother buying in all the various colours made by the different manufacturers?

I wonder how long any high street retailer would stay in business if they kept telling prospective customers that the colour of the phone didn't form part of the specification so they could only have a colour of the shop's choosing.

100% agree with what you say
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    elsien wrote: »
    The point is, it matters to them.

Och the poor wee snowflake!
  • Hintza wrote: »
    Och the poor wee snowflake!

With an attitude like that, are you sure that posting on a consumer rights forum is the right place for you?
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    With an attitude like that, are you sure that posting on a consumer rights forum is the right place for you?

Oh give me strength oh Lord!

This is more like the consumer wants board at times with a bit of it's everyone's fault but mine thrown in.

I prefer a slightly more pragmatic approach to life.

The OP has had the phone replaced that should be enough, yes it would be nice to get the colour they wanted but the company didn't have it and now we have to listen to the moaning.

If the OP wants the right colour they can try their luck in the small claims court if they wish but of course that carries a bit of risk and snowflakes go through life without taking any of those!
    Oh give me strength oh Lord!

This is more like the consumer wants board at times with a bit of it's everyone's fault but mine thrown in.

The OP has had the phone replaced that should be enough, yes it would be nice to get the colour they wanted but the company didn't have it and now we have to listen to the moaning.

If the OP wants the right colour they can try their luck in the small claims court if they wish but of course that carries a bit of risk and snowflakes go through life without taking any of those!

I don't agree with your comments, the op should have got the same colour phone not a different one, phones are sold as colours otherwise why would they give you the choice when purchasing, this particular law/legality needs to be updated to reflect this.
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I don't agree with your comments,

That's your prerogative, but hopefully I'm still free to make them.

A new law? Just what we need!
  • naedanger
    naedanger Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Hintza wrote: »

It doesn't show.
    That's your prerogative, but hopefully I'm still free to make them.

A new law? Just what we need!

Everybody's free to feel good
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2016 at 7:06PM
    I don't agree with your comments, the op should have got the same colour phone not a different one, phones are sold as colours otherwise why would they give you the choice when purchasing, this particular law/legality needs to be updated to reflect this.

Agreed about preferred choice ..

" I need some advice here. I am trying to sell some items of clothing, an area that I am not familiar with and stuff I bought on a mad whim and would just like to shift it. they have been gathering dust for 6 months.

Ebay have just pulled my listing because I gave buyers the option of stating size and colour:-

White:- Small, Medium and Large

Red:- Small and Large

I am at a loss on why I a supposed to be circumventing fees, I only listed one item to sell, the listing was not for multiple items but I gave buyers the choice of choosing which size or colour they preffered."

A post by hintza on the ebay board . :whistle:
    ( forgive me hintza I couldn't resist)
  • hollydays wrote: »
    Agreed about preferred choice ..

" I need some advice here. I am trying to sell some items of clothing, an area that I am not familiar with and stuff I bought on a mad whim and would just like to shift it. they have been gathering dust for 6 months.

Ebay have just pulled my listing because I gave buyers the option of stating size and colour:-

White:- Small, Medium and Large

Red:- Small and Large

I am at a loss on why I a supposed to be circumventing fees, I only listed one item to sell, the listing was not for multiple items but I gave buyers the choice of choosing which size or colour they preffered."

A post by hintza on the ebay board . :whistle:
    ( forgive me hintza I couldn't resist)

Now that is what I call getting owned
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills