Caribbean Christmas Cake

Hello Everyone

Does anyone have a recipe for a West Indain Christmas cake, those moist dark rich ones laced with rum!!!!

Cheers

Pattie :A

Comments

• I used to do a cake decorating course and the teacher had one of these recipes but had been sworn to secrecy by the lady who gave it to her - I was soooo gutted. I would love this recipe too. Pleeeease - anyone???
  • Delia has one which she claims was given to her in Trinidad.

I've tried it and it's fab. Very easy to decorate too.
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • morganlefay
    morganlefay Posts: 1,220
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Delia's recipe (in her Xmas book) for the carribean Xmas cake is absolutely FAB. I made it about 7 years ago and now am not allowed to contemplate any other sort, even tho it might be nice to have a change. I think her quantities of booze (you soak the fruit for a WEEK in a combination of alcohols) don't seem right and I always add some brandy (or whatever I want to use up). You don't have to 'feed' it or anything, and it tastes wonderful - tho is very boozy. Don't overcook it tho as burnt booze is just as nasty as burnt fruit cake. MAKE IT NOW so it has time to mature, yum, I must rush off and make mine too.........
  • I rememner one that Ainsel Harriot did in the Good Food magazine last year. They may be able to help. I remember that you soaked fruit for ages and then blitzed in magimix.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure