Cupcake Birthday / Celebration cake idea!

Comments

• rosekitten
    rosekitten Posts: 1,812 Forumite
    Ive searched Ebay rosekitten and couldnt see any. I will keep checking tho.
    Ive seen come cute little spoons in Whittards too with little cups on the handles... perfect for Mums, Mothers Day Tea.

I must admit for long enough I
    have been a regular browser in
    the cupcake section on ebay
    always looking to see what they
    are selling.But its amazing the
    titles they use on the various
    listings.
    When I do a search I always
    put in

cupcake/s
    cup cake/s
    fairy cake/s
    cakestand
    cake stand

found that little cake stand titled

mini fairy cakestand

I know one thing it can be quite
    expensive for some things,have
    you seen what the fabric sells for ?

found this cupcake pic on the internet

0.jpg
    :j:j:j
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    That cup cake holder is adorable rosekitten my Mum would love something like that.
    Funnily enough I was in a cupcake shop (didn't know they existed!) yesterday and saw the bigger version, and also that chrome cup cake stand that's been posted..................there was cupcake everything, with big jars of different sprinkles up behind the counter, and a massive range of cakes, it was amazing but a little bit tooooo girly for me! :rotfl:
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • savvy
    rosekitten wrote: »
    I must admit for long enough I
    have been a regular browser in
    the cupcake section on ebay
    always looking to see what they
    are selling.But its amazing the
    titles they use on the various
    listings.
    When I do a search I always
    put in

cupcake/s
    cup cake/s
    fairy cake/s
    cakestand
    cake stand

found that little cake stand titled

mini fairy cakestand
    I think I would have called them large fairy cakes as opposed to cup cakes, is that a UK v USA thing do you think?? :confused::confused:
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    My daughter said that muffins are just manly cupcakes. :D

You've all got me hankering after a good old fairy cake here! I'm loving the links.
  • To be honest I was a bit confused when this "Cupcake" craze hit everywhere!:confused:
    Ive always called little cakes in cases, fairy cakes or butterfly cakes.

When I went to America they sold "cupcakes" which were a lot bigger than the fairy cakes I`m used to and so much more decorated with a mountain of butter icing and sprinkles.

As for a muffin Ive always thought of that as a chocolate chip/ blueberry cake in a larger case but not decorated.

Im starting my search for the cupcake stand again today!
  • savvy wrote: »
    Funnily enough I was in a cupcake shop (didn't know they existed!) yesterday and saw the bigger version, and also that chrome cup cake stand that's been posted..................there was cupcake everything, with big jars of different sprinkles up behind the counter, and a massive range of cakes, it was amazing but a little bit tooooo girly for me! :rotfl:

I would love to run a girly cupcake shop, sounds fantastic :j

I would decorate it shabby chic style with lots of gorgeous fabrics and cakes on gorgeous little cake stands..... ooo what a lovely dream :o ... maybe one day!:rolleyes:
  • savvy
    I would love to run a girly cupcake shop, sounds fantastic :j

I would decorate it shabby chic style with lots of gorgeous fabrics and cakes on gorgeous little cake stands..... ooo what a lovely dream :o ... maybe one day!:rolleyes:
    LOL get in there and do it icon12.gif Hopefully they'll have some pics of the inside on their new site, it was kind of like a girly ice cream diner but with a tea shop twist (if that makes sense).

You know what you have to do when you open your shop PPP............come up with the ultimate cup cake with half the calories, oh and a wheat free range for me! ;);):rotfl::rotfl:
  • Just been having a look in my cake decorating books and noticed the ice cream cakes in one of them.

They suggest either making or buying a batch of fairy cakes. Trim then to size to fit in an ice cream cone. Cover in coloured butter icing, then texture with a knife to look like ice cream. You could even pop a flake in or sprinkle with hundreds and thousands.

To keep them upright they suggest using an upturned egg box, cut holes in just wide enough to hold the cone bottoms. Cover then egg box in tin foil to make it look nicer.

Also noticed in there some lovely litte marshmallow flowers that could be used for decoration. Take a marshmallow, roll it out using a rolling pin till its flat (this is quite sticky) snip into the edges with some scissors and press a smartie or chocolate button into the middle ( I used a bit of icing to keep the button in place). They look really pretty.:j
  • savvy wrote: »

Where? I have to know! I sooo want to go to a cupcake shop :D If it's in US I'm so gonna sulk hehe

Slighty away from cupcakes here but they were very popular... have you seen those chocolate cups? I got mine in M&S on a 3 for 2 offer. We filled them with some raspberry eton mess and they were scrumptious! I had to hit people away from them to take this picture before they all vanished.....

Now I feel all fat :(

Etonmess.jpg
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
  • floyd wrote: »
    I absolutely adore this website and have followed it for some time, everything she makes looks perfect :T

Shes amazing isn't she, wish I could cook so perfectly. I think she is very kind to share so many recipes with us for nothing! :T
    "The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too."- Samuel Butler
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure