MSE News: Tesco Bank to close almost 90,000 Clubcard Plus savings accounts

Almost 90,000 customers with legacy Clubcard Plus savings accounts with Tesco Bank will have their accounts shut in October...
Read the full story:
'Tesco Bank to close almost 90,000 Clubcard Plus savings accounts'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• DigForVictory
    DigForVictory Posts: 11,906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    How decent of them to use MSE to let me know. I may have to try to upgrade my bank account, but it isn't what I particularly *want* to do.

Every little helps, eh?
  • Fella
    Fella Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Must admit we use Tescos out of convenience/laziness as I know the same stuff would be cheaper if we used Sainsburys / Asda & both are nearly as convenient.

Maybe that'll change now.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Fella wrote: »
    Must admit we use Tescos out of convenience/laziness as I know the same stuff would be cheaper if we used Sainsburys / Asda & both are nearly as convenient.

Maybe that'll change now.

You'd save considerably more by switching to Aldi or Lidl! And you'd also find that the quality is either the same or better.

All the old-style supermarkets rely on fear and inertia.
  • John_Gray
    John_Gray Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    Doc_N wrote: »
    All the old-style supermarkets rely on fear and inertia.
    Or possibly that they have so many outlets that you are closer to them than to an Aldi or Lidl?
  • Just bumping this thread as the account closure date nears and there may be some who still haven't heard about this.

Our letter from Tesco confirming the closure arrived over a month after MSE broke the news...I was less than impressed.

Has anyone had their new ClubCard through yet?
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Sainsburys are much more expensive than Tesco, as is our local ASDA. As for saying that Aldi sell quality fresh produce - hhhmmm - in our local ALDI you have to search through packs of fruit and veg that have at least one rotten piece in them.
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Malchester wrote: »
    Sainsburys are much more expensive than Tesco, as is our local ASDA. As for saying that Aldi sell quality fresh produce - hhhmmm - in our local ALDI you have to search through packs of fruit and veg that have at least one rotten piece in them.

Which branch is that?
    Same at Winsford, Cheshire branch when I go there.
    Is it rife? Or certain managers practice, boosting their bonus?
  • Scad
    Scad Posts: 38 Forumite
    We're now off topic but I agree, sometimes the fruit at Aldi is rotten. Never understood how they can get away with not printing best before dates on their packed fruits?!?

As for Clubcard plus ... meh. The best thing about it was the double Clubcard points but you get that with their current account now.
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Scad wrote: »
    We're now off topic but I agree, sometimes the fruit at Aldi is rotten. Never understood how they can get away with not printing best before dates on their packed fruits?!?

As for Clubcard plus ... meh. The best thing about it was the double Clubcard points but you get that with their current account now.

Only until April 2019, as I understand it. After that it's only 1 extra point for every £4 spent.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,270 Forumite
    Scad wrote: »

Must be some time since you went to Aldi - they've been putting BB dates on their fruit and veg for a very long time now! And I've found no more rotten fruit there than in Waitrose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure