Ex Wife trying yet again to bleed him dry. URGENT

Comments

• meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 11 July 2017 at 1:27PM
    linclass wrote: »
    Absolutely NOTHING that's been left out, elsien. NO restraining orders or similar are in place. My Partner phoned the school some months back, asking re the child's progress and they flatly REFUSED to discuss anything with him. They suggested when he said he would raise a complaint, that it be sent to the Board of Governors (?) who would decide whether he could be informed. Strange thing is, the ex was TOLD that partner had been in touch. Why would they do that I wonder?

Why would they NOT tell her ?

To be fair, she's hardly trying to bleed him dry by asking for the small amount of pension, she's obviously still very bitter and may be for some time yet, if he has no other pensions or anything to come, then it might be better to pay her and move on, then it's all done with.
  • Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,551
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    meer53 wrote: »

It's nothing to do with the resident parent if the NRP contacts them about the child!

It sounds as if she has either lied to the school (and they haven't asked for paperwork to prove that they shouldn't involve the father in the children's education) or she has friends in the office.
  • Red-Squirrel_2
    Red-Squirrel_2 Posts: 4,341 Forumite
    There was still a Mortgage on the house Maman. Had he allowed her to live in the house until youngest reached age 18, HE would have had to keep up the mortgage payments. As it is, she sold the property and purchased a smaller one, thus wiping out the need for a mortgage. There was no money left over and above the cost of the new property.

Surely he wouldn't have expected to retain ownership of the house without paying anything towards the mortgage?
  • Dasa
    Dasa Posts: 702
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Mojisola wrote: »
    It's nothing to do with the resident parent if the NRP contacts them about the child!

It sounds as if she has either lied to the school (and they haven't asked for paperwork to prove that they shouldn't involve the father in the children's education) or she has friends in the office.

My husband went through similar with his ex-wife and their children.The school were supposed to keep him informed but never did. He had to be on at them all the time.

Things changed when the headmaster got divorced himself!
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,628
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Won't 75% of this money be taxable. As it is such a small amount it may not have tax deducted at source, but it is taxable income. So she isn't going to get the full £250.
  • linclass
    linclass Posts: 286
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Surely he wouldn't have expected to retain ownership of the house without paying anything towards the mortgage?

Couldn't afford to pay a mortgage AND accommodation for us, Red-Squirrel,
  • linclass
    linclass Posts: 286
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    meer53 wrote: »

To be fair, she's hardly trying to bleed him dry by asking for the small amount of pension, she's obviously still very bitter and may be for some time yet, if he has no other pensions or anything to come, then it might be better to pay her and move on, then it's all done with.

There's more to it than I've stated here. I won't amplify on the situation, but its not good, she has come out of this very, very much better off than my partner.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    There's more to it than I've stated here. I won't amplify on the situation, but its not good, she has come out of this very, very much better off than my partner.

I am sorry to say, linklass, you are coming across too emotional for dealing with it in the best way ; probably it would be best if you left your partner to sort it himself .
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417
    I've helped Parliament
    Forumite
    Is she really entitled to these increases? Did he contribute to his pension after divorce as surely she is only entitled to half of what the value was at the time of divorce.

Same with the £500 what was it worth at the time of divorce?
  • PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Sambella wrote: »
    Same with the £500 what was it worth at the time of divorce?

Half of its value at the time. Which would have grown to half its value now (unless additional contributions have been made, which seems unlikely).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure