Only cruises - cruise deals for all

Comments

• bcl999
    bcl999 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    edited 8 September 2011 at 10:10AM
    October 26 sailing is £396 on NCL website. Did you see it at £330 somehwere else?

November 16 is particulalry good for singles at only 20% supplement - £394 for an inside guarantee - but I'm wondering if it is maybe a little late weather-wise for the itinerary.
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    bcl999 wrote: »
    October 26 sailing is £396 on NCL website. Did you see it at £330 somehwere else?

November 16 is particulalry good for singles at only 20% supplement - £394 for an inside guarantee - but I'm wondering if it is maybe a little late weather-wise for the itinerary.

It came up £330 for 16 Nov date.

We did similar 12n ex bcn in Jan 09 weather was fine not too hot, rained a couple of times and no crowds at the sites.

Missed the solo rate(thanks), bargain
  • bcl999
    edited 8 September 2011 at 11:24AM
    Thanks for your reply. I have just visited the CruiseNation website and their prices are coming up slightly lower e.g. think the £330 was £321. I don't know what they add on before you get to the end of the purchase process though (admin fees, etc?).

The single rate for 16 Nov is £375 with them wheras the October 26 comes up at £501.

I must say I am tempted as I have thousands of Airmiles i have been collecting for ever and now with their announcement about the changes I am looking for ways to spend them. I can get a flight to tie in with the cruise and give me 2 nights in Rome afterwards.

Decisons, decisions.
  • nw_man
    nw_man Posts: 739 Forumite
    Its all interesting stuff this NCL 3 day 'sale'.

We are looking for a January cruise and have had our eye on NCL, its a great price indeed, but due to certain home circumstances we arent in a position to commit at the moment.

Interesting to see what they do when the 3 days are over.

I suspect they will rise prices for a short while and then they will drop again.

Fingers crossed anyway ;)
  • nw_man
    nw_man Posts: 739 Forumite
    Thanks for your reply. I have just visited the CruiseNation website and their prices are coming up slightly lower e.g. think the £330 was £321. I don't know what they add on before you get to the end of the purchase process though (admin fees, etc?).

The single rate for 16 Nov is £375 with them wheras the October 26 comes up at £501.

I must say I am tempted as I have thousands of Airmiles i have been collecting for ever and now with their announcement about the changes I am looking for ways to spend them. I can get a flight to tie in with the cruise and give me 2 nights in Rome afterwards.

Decisons, decisions.

Do it !

You wont be lying on your death bed thinking I am sorry I went on that cruise !

The opposite may well be the case though !
  • getmore4less
    I think these over winter cruises have been a bit sluggish selling.

I expect there will be continuous price fluctuations but at this lowish level

4 adults in the 2 bed suites are good value with the 3/4 pax rates being £300-£400ish

Should add (now we have it booked, OV for £400ish)

17Dec11 9n Xmas cruise was starting at £329(inside gty) but now £365 IE (inside)

BA flights to BCN from LHR are £112pp cheaper flights with usual but by the time you add bags etc gets close tothe ba price and they have a lot of flights each day as backup.

This is cheaper than the packages the TAs are asking.
  • getmore4less

Decisons, decisions.

Why not join us on the 17dec Xmas cruise only 9 nights and ba flights from LHR->BCN(we need our airmiles for a Boston flight) solo from £440

Nov looks better pricing.
  • bcl999
    edited 8 September 2011 at 1:16PM
    Why not join us on the 17dec Xmas cruise only 9 nights and ba flights from LHR->BCN(we need our airmiles for a Boston flight) solo from £440

Nov looks better pricing.
    Ooooh, can't do that! I am keeping my eye on the MSC December 1 departure to Brazil. I got the sub-£200 Orchestra one 2 years ago which was the same deparuture date. Will lightning strike twice, I wonder? Fingers crossed.
  • bcl999
    nw_man wrote: »
    Do it !

You wont be lying on your death bed thinking I am sorry I went on that cruise !

The opposite may well be the case though !
    But at least it will take my mind off being sorry I haven't had more sex!
  • getmore4less
    Ooooh, can't do that! I am keeping my eye on the MSC December 1 departure to Brazil. I got the sub-£200 Orchestra one 2 years ago which was the same deparuture date. Will lightning strike twice, I wonder? Fingers crossed.

good luck with that,
    actualy thinking about it this year we could do one of those trips and spend time down their perhaps we should have waited.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure