Free Language Courses For Your MP3

Comments

• nokinidea
    nokinidea Posts: 12 Forumite
    Only 20 lessons of French are free... after that (currently showing 26) you have to pay for.

Andy
  • hi,

Which site are you referring to?

BBC Languages is completely free.

Cheers
    Johann
  • rmg1
    rmg1 Posts: 3,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    hi,

Which site are you referring to?

BBC Languages is completely free.

Cheers
    Johann

I was referring to the site that Martin mentioned at the top of this thread. I thought it would be an mp3 file to download and then transfer to my MP3 player, or am I missing something?
    :wall: Flagellation, necrophilia and bestiality - Am I flogging a dead horse? :wall:

Any posts are my opinion and only that. Please read at your own risk.
  • pigeonpie
    pigeonpie Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    I don't have an MP3 player other than a small facility on my mobile phone which I have no idea how it works!
    Can I still use this through my PC? thanks
  • pigeonpie wrote: »
    I don't have an MP3 player other than a small facility on my mobile phone which I have no idea how it works!
    Can I still use this through my PC? thanks

Yes, you can. You just need to have a software to read the files such as Quicktime, windows media player etc...
    Hope this helps
    johann
  • rmg1 wrote: »
    I was referring to the site that Martin mentioned at the top of this thread. I thought it would be an mp3 file to download and then transfer to my MP3 player, or am I missing something?

Hi,

if you look at the site mentioned by Martin you will see different links for each podcast. One for iTunes so that you can see which one are there to download, or a link to the RSS feed which mean you need to subscribe through an RSS software or within your browser if your have internet explorer 7, firefox 2 or opera. The last link is to the website with the audio files.

It all depends of your prefered way of accessing the content.

For instance, for Ma France you have several ways of downloading the video podcasts. (Be careful, it's an mp4 file since it is a video and not just audio)

You either go through iTunes and here's the link for Ma France:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=252802320

You can also subscribe with the RSS feedback:
    http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rmhttp/downloadtrial/bbc2/mafrance-learnfrench-videopodcast/rss.xml

Or you can access them through the website:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/mafrance/podcast/

Hope it makes it a little clearer.
    Cheers
    Johann
  • rgreer
    rgreer Posts: 1 Newbie
    The site mentioned looks great but unfortunately for me doesn't reference any podcasts for learning Polish. Does anyone know of any decent ones? (a quick google didn't seem to turn up anything of significance).

Cheers RG
  • brix_2
    brix_2 Posts: 110 Forumite
    rgreer wrote: »
    The site mentioned looks great but unfortunately for me doesn't reference any podcasts for learning Polish. Does anyone know of any decent ones? (a quick google didn't seem to turn up anything of significance).

Cheers RG

i don't know if any online, but you could go to your local library and look for some Polish language courses there. the pimsleur ones are really good.
  • budgetflyer
    budgetflyer Posts: 5,949 Forumite
    rgreer wrote: »

Cheers RG

The BBC do quick fix Polish. Its just a limited collection of tourist phrases but it will get you started

I have also a page on my site dedicated to Learning a language for free.

It has links to BBC, CH4 courses, Free Michel Thomas trial CDs and various other FREE TRIALS. which include mp3 audio.
    I create folders in my email acc and store the lessons there
    Signing up for a free trial is a great way to "try b4 u buy"
    Different learning methods suit different people.
    When starting to learning Spanish, I tried out "Synergy Spanish " for FREE before buying the course for £25. I still get the free emails, they are really usefull and help me along.
  • Tetsuko
    Tetsuko Posts: 528 Forumite
    Does anyone know which is the most widely used language, Mandarin or Cantonese?
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Voltaire :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure