Halifax and Lloyds fast payments (FB) service on the blink

Comments

• trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    lionmike wrote: »
    Seems a bit more than a Faster Payment problem. We sent pay to staff by BACS to arrive today and all staff who bank with Lloyds & Halifax had their pay returned to our bank and not credited. Those who bank elsewhere had no problems.

thats interesting to learn. how will the staff get paid then???
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • trinidadone
    Forumite
    I just spoke to a lady at the Halifax who said it should be fixed by later this afternoon and all faster payments will go through as soon as it is back up and running.

thanks for the update, In my telephone call early this morning, I was advised to try mid morning, still no change
  • trinidadone
    Forumite
    edited 21 January 2013 at 12:16PM
    michaels wrote: »
    Would be great if the OP could update the title to include Lloyds as well.

Also this sounds like it could be as big as the RBS debacle - hopefully one of the MSE team could start working on it. I don't want to go through the halle of being charged by LTSB/others because paymetns don't happen because I am unable to redeposit my funds that have been stozed elsewhere for the weekend.

Hello Michaels,

I tried changing the title, but could the site did not allow me to make any changes, sorry.

I did enquire with Halifax if I experience any charges with another provider, what I should do, and was advised to contact them back

update,

with a little help from a fellow MSE I changed the title for you
  • trinidadone
    Forumite
    edward123 wrote: »
    I have a SO from LTSB to Halifax which went through last night sometime. And when transferring same amount back to LTSB this morning no problems. With me then the problem seems to be with LTSB <----> different banking institutions.

thanks for the respons edward
  • thats interesting to learn. how will the staff get paid then???

We are waiting to be told what is going to happen and whether or not LBG will recall the earlier payments or whether we need to try and send a new one.
  • trinidadone
    Forumite
    lionmike wrote: »
    We are waiting to be told what is going to happen and whether or not LBG will recall the earlier payments or whether we need to try and send a new one.

fingers cross, As this is the first payment afterChristmas, I bet this is more important than most for the staff team, it would be interesting to know what has caused this
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I thought Faster payments was usually instant, but def a max of two hours. next day is not a FB

Even under FP a transfer is allowed to take until the end of the next working day. Strange, but them's the rules. The 2 hours is just a guide,
  • zennith
    zennith Posts: 12,193 Forumite

I tried changing the title, but could the site did not allow me to make any changes, sorry.

Hi, if you click edit, then go advanced - you will be able to change the thread title.
  • trinidadone
    Forumite
    pmduk wrote: »
    Even under FP a transfer is allowed to take until the end of the next working day. Strange, but them's the rules. The 2 hours is just a guide,

thanks for the clarifaction, it puts a whole new meaning on the term "fast"
  • Tried a FP from HSBC and First Direct to Halifax, would not allow suggesting I contact Halifax.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure