Chased for a 10 year old debt uksearchltd

Options
Hi any advise would be greatly appreciated.

i received a letter around 3 weeks ago from a firm (uksearchlimited) saying they are contacting me for the repayment of a debt to a housing agency for the amount of £4600, the debt in question is from a house i rented over 10 years ago, i left the address around 2003 and took my daughter with me whilst my ex partner stayed in the house for a few years, at the time i phoned up the housing firm and told them i had moved out the house, i really can not remember if i sent them a letter to confirm this, before i left all rent was payed upto date, i lived in two more addresses since i left there and was registered as living in them and heard nothing at all about any debt until 3 weeks ago, i ignored the letter then today i had a letter with red writing saying i need to contact them to arrange a collector to visit my address to take payment!

im a single dad i work but i simply can not afford to pay the debt in question, im assuming after i left my ex partner did not pay any rent as it was fully payed upto the time i left.

any advise would be much appreciated as im going out of my mind with worry at the minute :(

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport