Is it okay to apply for two Credit Cards in one day?

I applied for and was accepted for an Egg credit card today (already have a mastercard with HSBC), but I would also like a Nationwide CC as I'm going on holiday to the USA in a months time. Would applying for two credit cards on the same day go against me? The Egg credit card that I applied for today has been the only card I've ever applied for (HSBC CC was given as a part of my student account with them). The Egg card also has a lower limit than I'd like at £500, so the Nationwide card with 0% on purchases would come in handy for my holiday. Any advice? Thanks!

Comments

• lipidicman
    lipidicman Posts: 2,598 Forumite
    Shouldn't do, also the credit search for one card will not have been updated yet so there can be advantages
  • Still04
    Still04 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice. I was accepted for a Nationwide CC today.
  • bert&ernie
    bert&ernie Posts: 1,283 Forumite
    lipidicman wrote:
    Shouldn't do, also the credit search for one card will not have been updated yet so there can be advantages

Not 100% sure about the other CRAs, but Experian CAPS records are written as part of the search process. They will be visible to other lenders immediately.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
  • vwman_3
    vwman_3 Posts: 688 Forumite
    bert&ernie wrote:
    Not 100% sure about the other CRAs, but Experian CAPS records are written as part of the search process. They will be visible to other lenders immediately.

My other half applied for a cahoot card last wednesday, she has checked all CRA's tonight and no search has been recorded as yet, but she was provisionally accepted instantly, and received her agreement on Friday morning, is this normal.
    Aiming to be debt free....but still off target
  • M_Thomson
    M_Thomson Posts: 1,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    vwman wrote:
    My other half applied for a cahoot card last wednesday, she has checked all CRA's tonight and no search has been recorded as yet, but she was provisionally accepted instantly, and received her agreement on Friday morning, is this normal.

Yep, if she passes the credit score straight away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure