* It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year * - It's the 2016 Christmas Chatter Thread

Comments

• murie - I hate when the pressies start getting too big to hide.

I remember one Christmas when I was younger my Mum made me hide a hi-fi system saying it was for my cousin & not to show anyone. I hid this in my room & on Christmas morning I unwrap my main Christmas present & it was the very thing I had been hiding myself for weeks :p

Dxxx
  • nic2075 - The weather is lovely in Glasgow too. Much prefer winter!

I hate stuff like that too, always try & wait till DH has time then get it all cleared out.

That was a great find, I'm never really in Tesco these days none close enough to me.

We all do the same at this time of year, I went to Matalan to pick up something I had ordered online for the work's birthday club & left with 2 Christmas tea towels, 2 Christmas mugs & about 6 new decorations!

It's too hard to resist.

Dxxx
  • Aw peppapig that's a nightmare, I'm usually quite good at checking that stuff but sometimes you get home & see the wrong size & your like aaaaaargh :mad:

So annoying.

Enjoy your rummage around the bargain shops, I will be doing that tomorrow with my Mum. It's our wee Friday tradition!

Dxxx
  • Peppapig wrote: »
    . I sniff my one quite a bit but then I just love the smell of leather. Just read that sentence back and it sounds much weirder than I meant it too :D

Happy Thursday everyone.

I snorted my coffee everywhere reading that, now I have to change again before my visit to the dentist. I'm glad I know what you were talking about :rotfl:
  • Hi All, Sorry I've been quiet but I haven't really been doing anything Christmassy the last week or so. But yesterday I did have a latte with gingerbread syrup and that made me feel festive :) and I friend and I have made a date to go to the Rochester Christmas market, at the start of December. So that should be fun.

And I also like the smell of leather and have been know to sniff my leather handbag :)
  • Morning everyone (just) well this week is not getting any better i havent had time to sort the washing machine as yesterday i was at a & e from 10.30am til 8.30pm last night with DD1 this bug just suddenly got worse in the night before and she was so ill, when she phoned her dr she told us to go to a & e, it was a bl**dy nightmare they are so slow at getting things done and sorted, we thought DD1 was feeling better then she ate a sandwich they gave her and it all started again, they think it is something picked up when she was snorkelling in the Red Sea, at least because she might be infectious she had her own room. Then they decided to keep her in so i am just waiting to hear if she can come home today, yesterday has just wrung me out so i am sitting on my sofa and am going to catch up with GBBO.

PEPPAPIG glad no 10 went well, the letter you have decorated is gorgeous your DGD will love it. I am starting on my christmas reading today as i finished Trisha Ashleys Wedding Tiers last night, i am going to start with her christmas book from last year A Christmas Cracker

PINKSTEPS yayy to your mum spoiling you, you deserve it, how lovely you both found the handbag together, i hope you enjoy it!

MURIE haha i had to laugh at the present size again!

PRINCESSKITTY glad your new house move is all going smoothly, how lovely not to have to pack!!

SAMMY_KAYE glad your DS was told it was all negative

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • snorkypants - Plenty of time to get in the festive spirit. Your date to the Christmas Markets will be fab!

freespirit66 - Sorry to hear about your DD1, hope she gets better & gets home.

Dxxx
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Poundland now has some christmas stock in including the little wooden crates which I think will be perfect for mini hampers this year :) I walked out with 4 of the 6 in our local one LOL (I didn't go in for christmas stuff! I wanted some travel bits which they didn't have but they did have these which I'd been waiting for LOL)
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello everyone. Feel like I haven't been on in ages!

Free
    - Hope your daughter feels better soon. Can't be much fun stuck in hospital. :(

Graduation dress hunt update - Sent for a couple of dresses online. They arrived yesterday and one of them I am definitely keeping! It's a lovely blue dress with swallows on it. Very flattering shape too with actual pockets! So if I don't find anything else even better I'll be wearing that one. :T

We had afternoon tea out for my sister's early birthday treat yesterday. Soooo much cake! We had to bring a lot of it home! :rotfl:

Going shopping tomorrow for graduation related bits but I'm sure Christmas presents wont be far from my mind. ;)
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • MrsTinks
    MrsTinks Posts: 15,241 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Pinksteps wrote: »
    I snorted my coffee everywhere reading that, now I have to change again before my visit to the dentist. I'm glad I know what you were talking about :rotfl:

Hope it goes well - I went this morning and am now £55 and a tooth lighter... at least it won't risk being an issue when I go on holiday next week I guess! :(

It was a wisdom tooth which had some damage and frankly it needed to come out but I really am quite attached to my teeth so I hung in there for too long... *sigh* ah well it's sorted now!
    DFW Nerd #025
    DFW no more! Officially debt free 2017 - now joining the MFW's! :)

My DFW Diary - blah- mildly funny stuff about my journey
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport