Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    mije1983 wrote: »
    What premium rate number? I thought all Sky numbers had changed to 03XX a while ago?
    Sky use 0844 numbers for sales and 0344 numbers for after-sales.

Sky correctly treats downgrades and cancellations as after-sales.

Sky treats upgrades as sales and specifies an 0844 number for this. This would appear to breach the regulations.

In the two years this has been the case, it appears that no-one has complained to Trading Standards about this apparent breach of Regulation 41.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    martin1372 wrote: »
    I have this on my sky account as am in the cancellation period. Whenever I click through it goes back to offering me 50% off for 10months. The same thing happened yesterday.

Haven't "clicked thru" yet; but the Interactive service offer on the box is only 50% for 10 months whilst the Sky service app, says 50% for 12 months!!!:mad:
  • Hmm. Sky have just offered me to keep all of the sky plus features if I keep my broadband. I'd also get broadband free. I would only have free to air channels, but could pause, record etc. That might be a good plan and I could get now tv for other channels. I was moving to Plusnet and getting fibre though.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hmm. Sky have just offered me to keep all of the sky plus features if I keep my broadband. I'd also get broadband free. I would only have free to air channels, but could pause, record etc. That might be a good plan and I could get now tv for other channels. I was moving to Plusnet and getting fibre though.

Same here, so I used the chat link, which puts you through to tv deals.

I was transferred to phone and offered even worse than the original free broadband (don't need Sky+ as we have a Humax PVR and a Freetime SMART tv); half price broadband.

The man then said that Sky are more interested in tv, so offered me an all in deal which would equate to the full price of tv and a tiny amount off the phone/bb part.

He said he wasn't being difficult but just couldn't find any deals on the system, Sky finding Q and the football expensive, so reducing deals. (How to lose old customers but gain new ones?)

I'm off to PlusNet, too, having had a chat with them. They are giving £75 cashback (directly from them and sent by cheque), once a payment has been made. (Line with caller display and free 1571, anytime with mobile calls and broadband, effectively £18.33/month compared to Sky's best offer of £25.40 and due a line price increase soon)
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Sky treats upgrades as sales and specifies an 0844 number for this. This would appear to breach the regulations.

If I go to their contact us page and select join/upgrade for any of TV, BB or phone then I get an 03xx number.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    edited 8 October 2016 at 10:40AM
  • mije1983
    edited 8 October 2016 at 2:08PM
    Most people, looking to contact any company, would just use their 'contact us' page rather than random pages. Out of interest, what search term did you use to find those numbers?

Plus if you're silly enough to use a phone number from a page with 3 year old information on it....... ;) Why Sky still have those pages active is rather stupid as well.
  • teddysmum

Why Sky still have those pages active is rather stupid as well.

Money from the call fees ?
  • mije1983
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Money from the call fees ?

Of course that's a possible answer. But they are not in 'obvious' places when you are looking to call Sky. For example, one of the pages is about the transfer of O2/BE customers to Sky with information from 2013. I'd say it was more laziness and a can't be bothered attitude.
  • teddysmum
    Of course that's a possible answer. But they are not in 'obvious' places when you are looking to call Sky. For example, one of the pages is about the transfer of O2/BE customers to Sky with information from 2013. I'd say it was more laziness and a can't be bothered attitude.
    A bit of both. They can't be bothered but won't say no to extra income
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure