Is this a polite rejection

Comments

• BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    2018d wrote: »
    He didn't have to respond back firstly, and secondly he even said ' I definitely admire your energy'
    I actually took it as a positive !!!???!!

I'd take it as polite sarcasm, your energy being your refusal to get the hint and back off.

Enthusiasm is great, but your repeated messages are pushy and show a lack of self awareness and professional boundaries. Leave it be now, do not contact them unless they contact you. Any further contact from you may well put you in bunny boiler territory.
  • theoretica
    theoretica Posts: 12,256
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    An exception to not contacting them would be if they advertise a job, then apply as normal.
    But a banker, engaged at enormous expense,
    Had the whole of their cash in his care.
    Lewis Carroll
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Steve will be wondering why 3 months down the line you are still unemployed/not already on an unpaid work exp if your work is so competent and revolutionary...
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Steve will be wondering why 3 months down the line you are still unemployed/not already on an unpaid work exp if your work is so competent and revolutionary...

:rotfl: I doubt Steve will give a crap or even remember the OP; I don't think they were irritating enough to be memorable.
  • 2018d
    2018d Posts: 35 Forumite
    I really hope so and look forward to it. Because I have research that I would like to show you then.

Best wishes Steve

Sophia

I just showed this thread to a friend and she in fact thinks my email above is me saying ok I m moving on and look forward to the day I can say no thanks.

Best wishes Steve aka Go and you know what Steve

OMG - this is turning into Shakespeare analysis!!

Im hoping, as some have already done, for their objective opinion based on their professional experience
  • BorisThomson
    BorisThomson Posts: 1,721
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I really hope so and look forward to it. Because I have research that I would like to show you then.

Best wishes Steve

Sophia

I just showed this thread to a friend and she in fact thinks my email above is me saying ok I m moving on and look forward to the day I can say no thanks.

Best wishes Steve aka Go and you know what Steve

OMG - this is turning into Shakespeare analysis!!

Im hoping, as some have already done, for their objective opinion based on their professional experience

Your friend is being kind. You've told him that you look forward to hearing from again, you've got some "research" to show him. It's a bit like a desperate crush!

Can I ask, is English not your first language? I'm wondering if this is why your words are overly flowery, and not conveying the professionalism you would like to.

(That's no criticism. Your standard of writing is far better than many natives.)
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    If I understand what you are saying (I, too am beginning to think English is not your first language) I think your friend's interpretation is even further off the mark than your own. Why would anyone go to so much trouble to say "No thanks, you can do one"? That is not only entitled but arrogant to the point of ignorant, imho.

You really need to get a clue or just go get a job stacking shelves. You might actually learn something useful like effective communication. I'm done.
  • 2018d
    2018d Posts: 35 Forumite
    edited 10 March 2018 at 6:25PM
    Ive got to say, I appreciate constructive feedback but when words like 'crush', 'bunny boiler' and ''revolutionary research' 'stacking shelves' makes me wonder what some of the contributors do for a living themselves?

I ask this as if anyone had ever read, never mind written a research paper, it is standard practice to have an abstract, which for those ill informed is a synopsis (maybe if English is your second language, or you graduated from a non-Russell Group Uni you might want to look it up).

But then I guess trolls exist on every forum
  • Morganarla
    Morganarla Posts: 709
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OP, you sound very young and incredibly naïve. Start listening to what you're being told, even if you don't like hearing it. You're going to hugely embarrass yourself one day soon if you carry on like this.
  • Wyndham
    Wyndham Posts: 2,429
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ive got to say, I appreciate constructive feedback but when words like 'crush', 'bunny boiler' and ''revolutionary research' 'stacking shelves' makes me wonder what some of the contributors do for a living themselves?

I ask this as if anyone had ever read, never mind written a research paper, it is standard practice to have an abstract, which for those ill informed is a synopsis (maybe if English is your second language, or you graduated from a non-Russell Group Uni you might want to look it up).

But then I guess trolls exist on every forum

Ah yes - the only Universities worth considering are in the Russell Group, of course. For your information, the top 10 UK Universities (on a variety of lists), often has at least 2 or 3 which are NOT Russell Group. Expand that to top 20, and you've got even more. I've worked in six Universities, and without fail, the Russell group ones I've worked for rest on their laurels and have systems and processes which really need work (and this keeps me in work). I've also worked for one in particular which is not Russell Group but which frequently ends up in top 10 lists - it has some of the best systems and processes I've ever seen.

I appreciate this is an aside. But I'm also trying to tell you that a degree, no matter where it is from, doesn't mean you understand how the real world works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure