PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Morning!

McCulloch PIP I have tried to help many of our students and their parents in their struggles with the forms and their appeals. My students have learning difficulties, often their parents do too. I have certificates which say I am quite clever, but still struggle with the paperwork.:mad: I am glad you have been successful with your claims. Well done :j

1. A day of admin. I could not tell you what I have done, but busy all day!

2. Visit from a lovely nurse who did some training in Sickle cell.

3. Sausage and mash for tea. Simple pleasures.

4. Watched ET to spot the Stranger Things references. Geek alert!:rotfl:

5. Stayed up late to finish two more sections of my quilt.

Have a lovely day:)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. A kind bus driver who let me catch an earlier bus with my pass.

2. Lift home from work with a colleague and had a good chat.

3. Everyone late home so wrapped some Christmas presents. I enjoy wrapping presents if I can spend my time doing it and not feel rushed.

4. Had chilli from freezer for tea. It was good but I make it so DH can enjoy so is never quite as not as I would like.

5. DH went shopping. Crumpets for breakfast.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hey Frith, good to see you :D

Tuesday pleasures,

Flowers still on the honeysuckle!

Town of gown for haircut, wasn't as busy as thought it would be and got parked.

Picked up two presents so have at least started, current lack of enthusiasm for anything remotely festive continues, no cake, no pudding made, always did it with my DM and just doesn't feel right.

Hair looks much better and no longer sticky uppy!

Your pleasures, thank you.
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Yesterday/today

1. Got email to say we're having more benefits added and an online system coming that means we can switch them on or off ourselves (e.g. sign up to dental, health, gym etc easily and not just in a 'window'). Think this is all positive, and they're adding discounted cinema tickets and other things too :)
    2. Yesterday, I went running with a work colleague. We did a slow 5k (32 mins, plenty of chatting!) but after my fast 10k the night before, my legs were super tired so I'm quite proud I went.
    3. 4 weeks 'til Christmas. Sorry! But I can't wait. 10 'free days off' (my company doesn't count the three between Xmas and New Years as annual leave), snuggling with my family, fun activities and great food. Fabulous!
    4. Last night's leek and potato soup was delicious - looking forward to more for lunch.
    5. Breakfast was a homemade berry, mango and banana smoothie, followed by a grapefruit.
    6. Think my efforts are coming to fruition and I've lost a wee bit of weight. Got a couple of lovely outfits for our Xmas party in 3 weeks but they're both a small size 8 and I feel a bit lumpy around the middle. Want to feel super glam!
    7. DD is getting really into reading now, which makes me happy. Last night we bought books 4-7 of Famous Five on Kindle with a voucher her grandma got her. She devoured 6 chapters before I went and told her she had to sleep. The school she goes to is meant to be the inspiration for Malory Towers (Blyton's girls went there), so she's interested to read that once FF is finished. Have dug out my old copy :)
    8. Lovely husband went out of his way to walk me to work because my bag was heavy.
    9. Have a fridge full of beautiful fresh veg - feel blessed, and excited to see what inspiration strikes for dinner tonight. :)

Mine are always about food. Eeep.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Good morning . On enforced house arrest until a delivery comes anytime between 7am-6pm which is just ridiculous! However first delivery of bed has been made ' no I can't take it upstairs for you, we're not insured! ' thanks pal. I have just dragged it up! Just need to wait in for table and chairs. All need made once they come. I may be some time!

For yesterday. My daughter turned 21. When I made the decision to move back here I knew I would miss her birthday and a few important events but the kids had all said it was okay and I thought it was okay but I just really missed her yesterday and then when I did speak to her it was very late and they were all tired and I was getting ready to go out but we've had a lovely chat this morning and we were both singing together on the phone.

Painting. And more of the same. Bedrooms are all but done, just a couple of patchy bits that need going over again with roller. Have started on main bathroom so shall touch up once I've got get paint tub out again...which may not be today.

Popped up to see a friend and we had a good blether again ( 5 hour starter session last week!).

Other friend/ neighbour popped in last night for half an hour.

Doggy walks were all of the very wet variety. Got soaked by a passing van splashing through a puddle. It's literally like someone throwing a bucket of water at me. Will be more of the same today...whenever next doeievrdelivery comes. We were out at early o'clock this morning for first walk.

Today I found the box with tea towels in it...yay! That also had the photo albums in it...sob! But had my piping bags too...yay! And then all of OH's sheet music with his writing on it and notes on side...much sobbing! This is how the boxes mainly go. Because I didn't pack I don't know what's in them...this was marked as upstairs room! It's all a bit random.

Right! Wish me luck I'm off to open a box of bed bits and see how I go! I've had offers of help but shall see how I go myself. I'm nothing if not determined!
  • 1. I did quite a lot of housework this morning with a squirt bottle of white vinegar.

2. Tasty leftovers in the fridge for lunch.

3. It's very windy weather, but nice and bright and sunny too.

4. The dogs are being unusually well behaved today, for some reason!:A

5. A piece of good news in a phonecall.
    MandM90 wrote: »
    a
    7. DD is getting really into reading now, which makes me happy. Last night we bought books 4-7 of Famous Five on Kindle with a voucher her grandma got her. She devoured 6 chapters before I went and told her she had to sleep. The school she goes to is meant to be the inspiration for Malory Towers (Blyton's girls went there), so she's interested to read that once FF is finished. Have dug out my old copy :)

I used to love her books, especially Malory Towers.:)
  • Misread that from DD she said Date, so I thought Piano man was ... Then I realised she had proper dates from KSA. Now that is why I can never eat them in the UK anymore!

5 What can I say after the fabulous come back at the Theatre of Fish last night. Just that I have my GTFC mug at the mill this morning and my CE is a Blades fan. Now I know I put up PV last night and the educationalists amongs the flock, as well as the social workers and humane remains do not know what PV is. Well PV is something that has a value today, such as the bales of cotton we have been given from my visit to the smoke. If I put then a value of what the cloth is worth inn the future and use this to get the cloth cut. That way I make enough money to pay tax, unlike some celebrity flying around buck of face, who appeared on the annual money extraction show asking the checkout girl struggling on £6,000 and subsidies a year to come up with her money, rather than pay tax themselves!
    Also I understand that there has never been an apology for a previous presenter who earned inn the evening more than her salary. Question it to be!

4 BoPsie this very day, of saw thumb still, is mega. She is quite upset. She asked BoP to break the Bourneville up! I did not understand her instruction and has walked off with eight bits, her four as well! This after she mentioned that some pastry chef has not been keeping the rocket inn the pocket at breakfast. I missed it, as I did not know who he was! Inn words of BoP. Because I do not watch that carp, I am not cared about the pastry chef.

3 Now just as BoP keeps trim inn his beach ready with proper foods, buy not watching d list non entities on ogle thing and getting on with life, BoP’s brain does not become addled like eggs!

On about that, one ex stoker who threw his shovel away and went off like !!!! Whittington (Panto Time!) as he thought elsewhere was paved with gold, has found out that all that shimmers is not gold. As he is so into everything and has a cave to store things inn, things have gone wrong. Unfortunately he is only one more brandy at lunchtime from completely missing it! Some you can have a word with, some you have to let fall. Only hope is someone is around when the car crash happens! I dragged him back in a few months back before he walked. He was gone then! But alas, I have seen many, some cleverer than BoP, some only wanting to hear what they want to hear. In the end?

2 Nite, the big one. The Aussies are about to get their just deserts. Bring it on. Sleepless nights. Early mornings. Forget the mill!

Another day of BoP has been like that, another one will be along shortly!
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    1. I did quite a lot of housework this morning with a squirt bottle of white vinegar.

2. Tasty leftovers in the fridge for lunch.

3. It's very windy weather, but nice and bright and sunny too.

4. The dogs are being unusually well behaved today, for some reason!:A

5. A piece of good news in a phonecall.

I used to love her books, especially Malory Towers.:)

Me too! They had a profound effect on me - DD has read the Twins at St Clares and occasionally begs me to board - we live less than a mile from the school (and couldn't afford it really, anyway....)!!

Want to retract my smug slimming down pleasure - may have eaten a pack of rice cakes, pack of salt and vinegar squares, pack of popcorn and a cereal bar. About 350 extra cal I think. What am I like?! :rotfl:
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My children are fulfilling my childhood dreams by staying in the school house at DD2's school!

I don't think they share my delight as they are staying with very messy people!

I just unpacked some of DD1's childhood favourite books which are to live with me. Many EB's.

I have made a bed , slightly longer than the 30 mins they suggested but did solo rather than the 2 person job they suggested.

Still waiting on dining room furniture...sigh!
  • Mhags: Happy Birthday to your DD, I share the same birthday, but it sounds daft saying it to myself - I am 21 again, hmm not as scary as it sounds, I still love birthdays.
    1 DH staying up until midnight to sing happy birthday, grilled bacon sandwich for brekkie in the morning
    2 Animals helping me open my soft and fluffy gifts.
    3 DH used the meerkat voucher to book us into Paddington 2 a late night showing of it too!
    4 He also treated me to a massive meal out, if I eat before Friday I will have had too many calories.
    5 Had a really lovely day, it’s nice to home with a cuppa and the animals

For today
    1 A bit too much of a lay in felt like I was wasting my day off
    2 A big bag of garden rubbish gathered for the tip run
    3 Various washing loads completed.
    4 Fish and veggies for dinner from the freezer as the fridge is looking empty
    5 The galaxy birthday cake now has slices missing, it’s delicious.
    6 Made a dent in the office paperwork, and did various orders for DF.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback