Quidco Question and Answers

Comments

• point3
    point3 Posts: 1,830 Forumite
    @point3 – Any cashback that is forfeited to us by an account closure is paid back to the retailer, I’m sorry if this was not clear in the previous response. If your account has been closed then I’m not sure what information you would like us to provide. All of your details have been removed and therefore we now would not be able to find your account, as there’s no way of us tracing this if the data has been removed. Also as this is a public forum, I wouldn’t be willing to post any personal information on here for obvious reasons, which is why we are requesting you email members@quidco.com. This forum is meant for general queries as opposed to specific account queries, which this is. Therefore I would kindly request that if you do wish to discuss this further, please email us on the above email address, as we will not be discussing this further on the forum.

Many thanks,

Rosie

Rosie,

It is precisely because I am getting nowhere with the "Contact Us" customer services part of the Quidco site that I am posting here.

Quidco has stated before that when my account was closed that I would not be able to use the "Contact us" facility and that my data would be deleted. This is untrue - the "Contact us" section still is usable and indeed several members of Quidco have replied to me through it. My account is still locatable and has not been deleted; only user access blocked. As proven on the previous occasion, no data is ever deleted on account "closure" - only user access blocked.

Please take time to read the updated Quidco Privacy Policy statement and to comply with it.

I have made repeated requests to view a copy of my personal information, as I am permitted to do by law and even under Quidco's own policy statement!

Please stop lying and comply with the request.
  • point3
    edited 18 December 2012 at 1:00PM
    I am still awaiting a valid response from Quidco to my Subject Access Request.

The responses I have had to date are from Leanne, which was simply,
    "We will have your account closed within 24h", which completely ignored my request and was the embodiment of rudeness; the other message was from Keith, who advised of a virtual mailing space in Sheffield, which differs from Quidco's (virtual) address as registered with the ICO.

ICO Registration: Z9450695
    Data Controller: MAPLE SYRUP MEDIA LTD
    Address:
    PART FIRST FLOOR
    EMERSON STREET STUDIOS
    4-8 EMERSON STREET
    LONDON
    S1 2BX

Virtual office space address as advised by Keith:
    Quidco.com The Gateway, Broad Street, Sheffield, S2 5TF, United Kingdom

I cannot believe the contempt with which Quidco treats its members and the law. There is a general principle highlighted here and I hope MSE readers take note.
  • I joined Quidco after seeing it recommended on this site .Beware!!
    I took out AA cover to save £38 I have been told it could take 5 months to see my money .If not ONLY THEN will they investigate !
    Moral of story always search for reviews on companies before you are invoved with them even if they are on this site .
    There are loads of negative reviews out there on this company
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 18 December 2012 at 2:16PM
    Good afternoon,

@tomatoman - Sorry to hear that, could you please raise a support ticket so we can take a look into this for you?

@point3 - You can contact us when you are not logged in, you can also contact us when you don't have an account, through the members@quidco.com email address - anyone can contact us here. However as previously stated we cannot discuss this further on a public forum. The address that Keith provided is correct, you can also find our addresses at the bottom of our website.

@muso58 - I'm sorry you feel this way however this is not correct. If the payment speed says 5 months then this is 5 months from the date of purchase, or the date that the claim was raised, to confirmation of cashback. The payment speeds are listed on each retailer's Quidco page, we would always recommend checking these before you make a purchase so you know how long it may take.

Many thanks,

Rosie
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Rosie,
    You've asked me raise a support ticket, which I'd already done ages ago. I've gone through normal Quidco procedures but appear to be getting nowhere and kept in the dark! :(
    A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent,
    the helpless, the powerless, in a world of criminals who operate above the law.
  • NeverInDebt
    NeverInDebt Posts: 4,634 Forumite
    It seems for at least one site you get charged more than not going through Quidco

Proof read post below

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=57998869&postcount=35
  • point3
    edited 20 December 2012 at 12:41AM
    @point3 - You can contact us when you are not logged in, you can also contact us when you don't have an account, through the [EMAIL="members@quidco.com"]members@quidco.com[/EMAIL] email address - anyone can contact us here. However as previously stated we cannot discuss this further on a public forum. The address that Keith provided is correct, you can also find our addresses at the bottom of our website.

Many thanks,

Rosie

Rosie,

Your "Contact Us" messages are also replied to from "members@".
    It makes no difference which route is used - both reach you at Quidco and are replied to in the same way.

Without exception each of one you at Quidco has ignored my Subject Access Requests. I am being repeatedly lied to. What is Quidco hiding?

The address legally registered with the Information Commissioner's Office is a virtual address with a London component and a Sheffield postcode. The named Data Controller is "Maple Syrup Media Ltd" which does not match the Sheffield address given for Quidco by Keith.

Refusal to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM]. Please put your house in order, Quidco.
  • My claim from July has still not been paid through although I do have a couple of messages from Quidco:

10 Oct 12 at 06:46
    We're delighted to tell you that your Sky Digital TV and Broadband cashback claim has been approved and now we're just waiting for them to confirm your cashback.
    Once your cashback is confirmed and received by Quidco, we'll update your claim to "confirmed" status in your Activity Page.
    Quidcare

and then this:

07 Nov 12 at 08:13
    Hi,
    We're sorry that your cashback from Sky Digital TV and Broadband is taking longer than we would normally expect, based on this retailer's statistics on our site.
    Please be assured that we're doing all we can to hurry this along for you, as we like our customers to get their cashback as quickly as possible.
    Once your cashback is received your purchase will update to "confirmed" status in your Activity Page.
    Once again please accept our apologies for this delay.
    Kind regards,
    Quidcare

How long does it take to get cashback off SKY? They seem to take it quickly and easily enough. Can you update me with the current situation please?

Thanks

therealgiblet
  • I have been waiting for cashback from Weightwatchers for over 7 months. Quidco keep fobbing me off with the same story every time.

I think I am done with them once the remaining few payments come through.
    Total Debt Feb 2012 [STRIKE]£12,153[/STRIKE] 10674 16.5% Paid

Halifax Credit Card £4448.6. Loan 1 £3000. Loan 2 £2696.13.

Aiming to be debt free by 31/12/2013.
  • quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Good morning everybody,

@tomatoman I’m really, very sorry you feel this way. Did you raise a new ticket? If so, then we will be able to update you on the progress of your cashback and shine a bit of light on exactly where we are with this.

@point3 I’m afraid that we will not be discussing this matter further with you on a public forum. We have asked that you contact us via the email address, or mailing address that has been supplied should you wish to continue this.

@therealgiblet At the moment Sky claims usually take around 4 months and so it is a worry when they are delayed further than this. Can I ask you to raise a support ticket so that we can look further into this?

@electrobix99 I’m really sorry for the delay in this. Can you raise a ticket so that we can investigate further? In this ticket, you can mention that you wish to speak to me, if you would like me to take it over personally.

Thank you for your time,

Leanne :)
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback