Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    A much needed quiet day. I even managed to send a friend a random whatsapp message that was a photo dd had taken on my phone of a basket of my crafts in front of the singer sewing machine - all whilst doing my shopping in aldee. I didn't realise I'd sent it until she replied!!

So, washing done, washing up done, sewing done and several ears are now attached, time team watched, dd taken to school and brought back home (I'm good, me!), a chat with dd's teacher re dd's allergies had, fish pie experiment successfully done and eaten, dr appt made, a good sort and clearout of dd's clothes/shoes/coats/dance kit-to-grow-into done, food shopping purchased (used the £1 off £10 in icyland and kept to the list in aldee).

So, a mundane day can indeed be made to sound rather productive :rotfl:. Let's see what tomorrow brings...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Very productive! Funny how busy it all sounds written down! Great running spple.
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Another 'productive' day has been had.

I went out for a morning run before my brain realised what I was doing, and was back and breakfasted before dh emerged. Got a wash done and hung up before taking dd + 2 bags to the Sally Army, where we used £4 credit to get a doll, a book and a top to replace a similar one I have that scratches me. The other 6 ch shops only yielded a tshirt for dh for cmas for £2. We avoided sbux as the q was out of the door, and tried nero's - I'd said dd could have a hot frothy soya drink and I had a coffee myself. We trotted to the bus stop as the bus was coming - I waddled along carrying both drinks (!?!) - and went to dance. Then the afternoon had us all in front of screens! I enjoyed Tim Ferriss quotes and telly and bunny turning out and stuffing.

My hands are achey. It could be a) the nero coffee wasn't decaf, b) although I did the turning and stuffing carefully, it was still too much, c) the change in the weather, d) old age (this is dd's preferred reason...). My toes are also achey, which might eliminate b)...

Last week, I was frustrated by my leaving the house times v my arrival at work times. I am considering - on a weds - walking at least the first couple of miles (of 6), which won't save any money as I'll prob still get at least one bus, but might be time to use to learn a language on my phone. Italian probably. There must be loads of free downloads out there. Seems a good use of the time...
  • I love that you outwitted your brain.
  • I love that you outwitted your brain.

Some days it is easier than others!

Made my first vegan cake today, as I wanted to make cake, but not use any eggs. It is edible :rotfl: and I know how I could improve it next time. I also made rasp muffins for dh and used up some of the coconut soya yog (poor purchase, don't really like it).

It is windy here and pelting down with rain. I am so grateful for having a home, a safe place, a dry place. A place we can cram full of tat and toot as well as things we love.
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    I made an eggless cake from a WWII recipe before for a school project for DD. It was tasty - if a little flat :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Plan IV ponderations:

Still looking at Health, Wealth and A Life Well Lived.

Health: weight, hands, right big toe, exercise, start running again?

Wealth: save up for Australia in August 18, keep paying down the mortgage, do something about/with my pension, keep tabs on all food spends

Life well lived: keep a balance, allocate tasks to a specific day (and time too if poss) instead of adding them to an interminable list, enjoy the days I don't work, keep on crafting and reading, enjoy my work

Week 1/12 (late, as usual...)

Health: really aching toes and hands since Saturday, so much so that I have doubled up my tablets and also been using my fisiocrem again. Not fun. 3 runs completed. Toe stretches going ok.

Wealth: went to a talk about TPS so I know when I can take it and how. Monies paid off the mortgage. Discussions had re Oz dates, although nowt decided. Still keeping tabs on food spends.

Life well lived: thenew school year is always rather overwhelming, with the admin required (always 'yesterday' as a deadline, no?). Let alone the new classes/ specifications.... But allocating tasks to set times is helping, and I feel more in control (sometimes). Enjoying Tim Ferriss reading. Enjoying pottering on with the bunnies. Planning the running to fit around what I already do seems good - run home fom counselling, run home from work 1 day, run on a sat morning before my brain wakes up. And considering walking and listening to podcasts is a new approach for me -have to see how it goes...
  • Counsellor seen and run home completed - 3 mins quicker than last week. Go me :D.
  • Walked the first 3 miles to work this morning. Still got there rather early but felt better about it than last week. The oyster wasn't working on my first bus home - hence a free ride - and I was not then going to 'waste' £1.50 on the mile walk from where I had to change. Therefore, I am just 19 steps short of 20,000 as I write :D.

The heating is off, as per the NST challenge. (And common sense) However, we'll soon be attaching the fleece blankets to the lounge curtains, as insulation, as well as hanging up the front door and hall door fleece curtains. Some winows are draughty so we'll use the foam strips on them. And we really must get around to cleaning off the sticky stuff from the window surrounds - from a couple of years ago, I think! The winter duvet will be added to the bed soon enough. And we'll start wearing socks and warmer clothing.

Dh is up at 5.45 for September, and I follow at 6. So we may want to take the chill off the air for the last week... But that would mean having the heating come on at 5.30 and it is not quiet, so we'd simply lose some precious sleep time!

Gotta go - dd has told me to read her sch book - a famous 5 one.
  • The famous 5 got away safely and caught the baddies and rescued the treasure. Phew.

Ran some of the way home again today. Go me (again)!

It is good to have finished work for the week, but I have a list of things I really need to do for work asap. Doing them will make Monday easier and less stress-inducing. A no-brainer, really!

Off to re-wash some clothes given us by a cat-owning friend (I find it takes 2 washes to de-catify them), then pick some rasps and stew them with apples and pears.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback