Urgent!!!

Options
My ex-partner pays money every month not sure if he is paying enough or too much, i've been on CSA site, figure stated is less than he is paying - does it include mortgage payments or does this come on top? we have one child together does he had to provide for a roof of her head? I am struggling with mortgage and outgoings even though i am working full-time and claiming tax credits.... Please help

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't think they have to pay towards mortgage. Just 15% of their wages regardless I think for one child. My friend has found these helpful http://www.nacsa.co.uk/
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • movingforward2010
    Options
    doesnt it depend on how much he earns? hate to sound harsh but he needs to be able to support himself to. I know my dad only paid £6 a week towards me, but luckly my mum was on income support so it was topped up. if there mortgage is joint surley that would be a seperate issue with the bank, again when my mum and dad split/div he had to pay half of a joint loan for £25000
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    CSA only deal with child maintenance for things like food and clothes etc and for one child he should be paying you 15% of his net income. If you are getting more than that you are very lucky and he could go to the CSA himself and ask them to assess his liability.

Finances such as mortgage and the equity on the property would usually be sorted by a solicitor when a couple separate. It might be that you will have to move to a cheaper property especially if he asks for his share of the equity to enable him to afford a new life.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure