Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Comments

• I dont think its about not being bothered, more scared of doing it wrong, or making the wrong choice.
    Its great to have the whizz kids on here who know what they are doing lol
    Panter, stilll not decided yet on mine.
    I read before re tesco acc, to set up dd to satisfy the 123, but I cant find where to find it now.
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Seems there are quite a few people who take "Regular Savings Account" as meaning "any old account that pays me some interest". In order not to boil the savings ocean, I think we should keep this thread dedicated to savings accounts that are proper Regular Savings accounts, i.e. accounts that stipulate a maximum monthly deposit amount, and that are usually termed Regular Savings, Monthly Savers, Christmas Savers etc.

Current accounts, although potentially a great place for our savings, are not Regular Savings accounts, and there are plenty of threads for the various current accounts.
  • Archi Bald.

Spot on.
  • gt94sss2
    gt94sss2 Posts: 5,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just to say that the Skipton BS Reguar Saver pays 3% not 4% as is currently stated in the 1st post. The 'loyalty' version is the one that pays 4%..

Regards
    Sunil
  • Thanks ctdctd ;) and Sunil, I have corrected the interest rate on the Skipton BS non-loyalty account and I have removed the Furness BS Festive Saver from the list as it appears to no longer be available.

I would agree with Archi Bald's comments above about limiting this thread to discussion of regular savings accounts. I am happy for people to point out accounts that make a good feeder account for regular savings accounts if not already in post 9 but as Archi Bald says, there are plenty of other threads for discussing the intricacies of high interest current accounts.

SS2
  • Hi Folks,

There is one account to add for this weekend's update.

I have added the State Bank of India UK's Jumbo Junior Regular Saver to post 3. This account is for children under 15 at the time of account opening and pays 2.85% on up to £1,500 per month. There are lots of terms and conditions for this account so if you are interested check out my summary in post 3 and check out the full terms and conditions on the bank's website.

I will do another update the weekend after next. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas or Hanukkah or just a nice time off work.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • cheexy
    cheexy Posts: 454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Well done SS2, you are doing a great job!!!
    £47605.33 outstanding in C.C (£8000 Interest free till January 2025)
  • Hi Everybody,

I hope you all had a nice Christmas and New Year. I cannot find anything that has changed for this weekend's update.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2

For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...=608697&page=1
  • An article on thisismoney shows that M&S are allowing holders of the free current account to access the 6% monthly saver from tomorrow. You can save between £25 - £250 for 12 months.

Can't post links:
    "www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2899030/M-S-Bank-adds-6-savings-account-free-current-account.html"
  • MARTYM8`
    MARTYM8` Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    As per my previous post I am just confirming that Beverley Building Society cut their monthly saver rate from 2.1% to 1.6% on 1 January.

Both figures include the bonus paid if you make 12 monthly payments and no more than one withdrawal - although the bonus element is now only 1% compared to 2% before.

http://beverleybs.co.uk/savings/monthly-saver
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport