EH - Essex > Hebrides...the next step of the adventure?

Comments

• Thank goodness for blue sky and sunshine or I'd be proper grumpy today! Because the new bed base is being delivered later, we had to dismantle the old one last night. This means that last night was spent with the mattress on the floor - in theory didn't feel much different to normal, but for some reason I was really unsettled - reckon I got about 3.5 hours sleep at the most, and that is NOT an amount I can cope on! :o It does mean that my shopping list got written out in the middle of the night though, which was a head start for this morning I guess. Of course to add to the unstelled night, MrEH had to turf me out of bed when he went out this morning - 7.10am :eek: - as he needed to stand the mattress on end so they could get in with the bed base. It's too heavy for me to manage which is a shame as I could definitely have happily stayed there a bit longer!

Oh well - I have a list and have made a start on it already. Walked to Al's and back (which ticks off "Walk" as well as "Al's - super 6". Got one of their FR chickens to try - the per kg price was a LOT cheaper than any of the mainstream soopermarkets could offer, so worth a try I think.

Right - next stop is taking my poor revoltingly filthy beast of a car to the jetwash, pick up MrEH's car key from the garage, and go to Mozzas for the rest of the shopping I think! :D
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • It's awful not getting enough sleep - I hope you are able to relax properly tonight on your new bed!

Let us know how the chicken turns out. I haven't bought one from Als for yonks but seem to remember the last one I had cooked up quite small, I was hoping to get a few meals out of it but only got the one. That was years and years ago. I tend to buy parts now rather than a whole chicken, mainly due to my own laziness. :o
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 4 February 2017 at 9:06PM
    I noticed that Als also do a pack of chicken thighs and drumsticks in their free range for *I think* £2.99 as well Misty - that is substantially cheaper than T's do them for even on the rare occasions they actually have any on the shelf, so may try those in a couple of weeks if the whole bird is OK.

Had to wait ages for the jetwash so binned driving to Mozzas in favour of Sainsbugs which is closer and also had the advantage of me having Nectar points to cover the spend! :D 32p paid in cash - or rather on the card as I had no change and didn't want to split a £20 note. walked away from the till with a 200 points voucher to swipe next time I go in, too - which was a bonus. Need to make a mental note that next week's shopping needs to be Sainsbugs - think I've got a voucher for money off fuel if I spend £20 in there next week too.

- Car Cleaned
    - Shopping Bought
    - MrEH's car key collected
    - nearly 6k steps on my pedometer already today. :cool:
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    :wave: Cheery day here so far - new mattress turned up at 7.30 this morning but lovely MrEH came up with a plan to just get them to put it in the hallway for the time being so I got to stay in bed. :D Nabbed some reduced price cheese when we popped into T's for MrEH to look at phones, and stocked up on bread flour in Lil's, I was meant to remember that yesterday apparently. Oops.

I'm feeling oddly enthused about trying to get a bit more healthy - not sure whether to put it down to being mindful about sugar, and so probably consuming a bit less, or something else. Anyway I've reinstalled MyFitnessPal on my phone (and already remembered why I gave up using it last time - too flipping fiddly to add foods to) but if it acts as an aid to mindfulness I'll be content with that I think. Managed to get my step count up to over 11k yesterday which i was pretty chuffed with, and as the sky is currently blue I'm going to pop out for a walk again in a minute I think. :T May as well make the most of this current feeling of enthusiasm, eh!

Got the assessed bill for our water through this morning as well - currently looking like a £6 saving on the monthly average but more relevantly that will be an £11 saving on the DD that we've currently only paid for 10 months of the year. I'll be increasing the amount of our "money we've saved" monthly transfer to one of the savings accounts by that amount from April, so that'll add up to an additional £132 per year - hurrah! :T

Small spends this morning £8.84 in Lils on bread flour, MrEH's Ovaltine that he likes (FAR cheaper there than in T's), a reduced price multigrain loaf (already in the freezer for toast) and some muesli for me for work breakfasts. £3.32 in T's for reduced price gruyere and cambazola. :p
    she/her
  • and stocked up on bread flour in Lil's,

OOOoooo - SNAP! DH was despatched to MrL's to get me summer that too :D I knew I had forgotten to put it on my list as soon as my hand reached up for the bread flour bin yesterday as I began to make the pizza. Luckily for me, the bread-making gods were covering my *oversight* and there was 299g in the tub. I make pizza with 300g of flour. Phew! :D There were a few more bits and pieces on my list too, but I've not been presented with the shopping or the receipts yet (nothing perishable, shopping has been left in the car in preference to getting BG in and 'lunched' :D). All I've had thus far was 'they were out of stock of that', 'they didn't have that'....... so my bill may yet be lean :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £7/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £176.38/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    GP - most Saturday mornings in this house start with a row over something - weekend tradition?:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This morning OH went over all cooperative - I'm still wondering what he's been up to - he's on his second batch of ironing :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

...and he made lunch without being asked to...

...and hoovered the living room when he discovered I was getting the machine ready to do just that...

Old dog - new tricks?!?;););)

...or there is something he wants?!?

(and I'm the budget holder...)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    How is the new bed??
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • EssexHebridean
    Greying it's clearly national bread-flour acquisition day! :D

RT Did he ever come clean? If not send him my way - I could do with some ironing done! :rotfl:

Bob Not slept in it yet but it looks nice and tempting! :T

Well Pedometer says 14,400 steps today - my walk earlier ended up being two walks as when MrEH got back from rugby training he sensibly suggested we went out to grab the paint tester pots we wanted so rather than hopping in the car we walked down to BandQ and back, :T Rather suspect the cheese I consumed for today neatly cancelled out all the excersize but I;d have eaten the cheese anyway so maybe I've made it calorie-neutral, no?! :D
    she/her
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Essex, your energy is so motivating! Found all the kitchen talk really interesting as I am also slowly refurbing my home. Have you always been this organised? I feel like you could write a book on keeping life in order! will subscribe :)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • EssexHebridean
    Aww bless you angel - but no, generally speaking "organised" is NOT a tag I would apply to myself ever! I do a lot of writing things down - here and elsewhere, and that is pretty much the only thing that keeps me on track - without that accountability life would be very different!

2 more tester pots of kitchen paint acquired this afternoon - similar but subtly different shades of green, the shade that is in my head is out there somewhere, I just have to find it. (And have you ANY idea how impossible it is to describe a colour?!)
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills