I am looking for a water-saving kitchen tap

Options
My kitchen mixer tap is broken and I am looking for a new tap. I'd like one which produces nice bubbly water to save on the water and gas bills. Am I better to buy a normal tap with an aerator gadget separately, or an integrated one? Can someone advise a good choice? A plumber has quoted me £185 supply and fit for an oyxgen mixer tap, and another plumber £35 if I supply the tap myself. Most taps on the market do not seem to contain aerators though, unless I am mistaken?

Comments

• t0rt0ise
    t0rt0ise Posts: 4,276 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Grohe make them but they are expensive. But have you considered that an aerator in the kitchen is a bit pointless. I mean fill a sink for washing up, or fill a kettle or saucepan, you'll use the same amount of water, it will just take longer to fill. Unless of course you use the tap for something else.
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 23 June 2015 at 1:30PM
    Options
    Just buy whatever tap you like and fit an aerator.

Even if you buy a tap with an aerator already in, it'll need to be changed at some point.

I had all standard mixers and just asked my water supplier for a water saving pack, they gave me 3 aerators, 1 flow reducer, 2 packs of expanding gel for toilet tanks and the tools required to fit it all. It was all FREE, don't get more MSE than that!

I don't know who your water provider are, but most do them.
    http://www.bristolwater.co.uk/environment/saving-water/free-water-saving-kits/
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with Anglian Water, and they came and fixed me an aerator free of charge on my kitchen tap, as part of their 'Bits and Bobs' scheme. I find it extremely useful as a money saving device. You can't turn the tap fully on as the water will splash everywhere. It makes you more careful, about how much you use.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills