Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Comments

• Application submitted to Nationwide by my MA last week, had a text today saying the valuation is booked for 29th June, a little disappointed to say the least :(

Ours was booked in 5 days after application with Nationwide, for the next working day. So I'd agree that does sound like a long time to wait.
  • carguy143
    carguy143 Posts: 124 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My NatWest valuation survey was done on 8/6/15 and all was well on that front according to the home buyer report which was emailed to me on Saturday.

I'm now waiting for my offer to come through. Sadly my broker is on holiday.

Rik.
  • nic_c
    nic_c Posts: 2,928 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ah, Mortgage offer text from Nationwide, hurrah!

Application on the 22/5, offer 17/6. Not exactly speedy, but I guess it could have been a lot worse!:T:beer:
    Got my text from Nationwide today too :j

Application to offer in under a week :T
  • nic_c wrote: »
    Got my text from Nationwide today too :j

Application to offer in under a week :T

Nice work! :beer:
  • mhuk01
    mhuk01 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    A quick update: -
    31/5 - Offer made
    3/6 - Offer accepted
    8/6 - Formal mortgage application completed
    16/6 - Informed mortgage referred to high value lending team due to complexity of application
    17/6 - Mortgage approved!!

The mortgage is with HSBC, who use Countrywide for the valuation. They contacted me to take the payment and let me know the soonest they can do is 30th June. Bit disappointed in this to be honest as I've managed to keep everything going quickly so far. I'm going to call Countrywide in a few days to see if they can push forward the valuation (ie if there are any cancellations etc.)
  • MandM90
    MandM90 Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Finally awaiting a decision.

Going through an independent advisor. Got MIP last week. Offer accepted Thursday. Application put in yesterday. Application accepted yesterday evening. Put in my SA302 and am awaiting news on the survey. It's going to be a looooong few weeks!

Everyone else seems to be going with Nationwide...I'm with Halifax. First time buyer. Deposit £41k and borrowing £231k. So nervous!!
  • ShAnE
    ShAnE Posts: 275 Forumite
    First Post
    Got an email from the Vendors agent yesterday to confirm the survey is being done tomorrow. (eg:today) So hoping to hear back on Monday or Tuesday next week, assuming they use snail mail and not email.
    Current Debt: 0%.
    Current House Deposit: 7%.
  • Sarahj1590
    Sarahj1590 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Timelines so far
    02/04 AIP from TSB
    10/05 Finally reserve a plot at the new build development we want
    11/05 HTB application sent, instructed solicitors, informed TSB we had found a property
    18/05 Call from TSB to say they have received everything they need (employer references, gift letter, etc) just waiting for HTB!
    20/05 Finally receive ATP from HTB!
    28/05 Valuation booked
    29/05 Valuation received. All OK

Hear nothing for 2 weeks as MA on holiday, was told that mortgage offer would be posted out when he gets back from hol assuming all is ok with valuation.

12/06 MA back off hol. Says mortgage offer should be posted out mid next week.
    16/06 Contact MA as hear nothing, says he is doing 'final checks'

Still heard nothing!
  • Ok another update.

The technical glitch has been sorted and we will be sent another amended offer (hmmmmmmmmm).
    Now the last issue is that the underwriter needs to check if the staircasing provisioning is in his policy.
    My question is, what if this is not in his policy?
    Let's play the waiting game again.
  • Sarahj1590
    Sarahj1590 Posts: 35 Forumite
    MA just rang... Mortgage offer in the post!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback