1p and 2p supermarket bargains

Comments

• penny-lane wrote: »
    If you go through the self scan till no one will notice and youll be able to pay for it and walk out with not a single person noticing :)
    Have you not heard of the species known here as the Eagle-eyed Trout?
  • Heath84
    Heath84 Posts: 579 Forumite
    wantsajob wrote: »
    That's what the staff like to say when they stick all the stuff round the back, so they can buy it later ;)

If stuff was withdrawn from sale genuinely, they wouldn't simply change the price on the system to 2p. They would send stores a list of items to be taken off the shelves.

The "not being allowed to sell" is either a joke created by Asda staff, or a sign of pure incompetence on behalf of higher management.

No, it's not a joke. We're not allowed to buy them either. On many occasion I have had to throw perfectly good things into the compacter as it has gone to 2p and is therefore company policy not to sell it.
  • mc4martyc
    mc4martyc Posts: 950 Forumite
    Heath84 wrote: »
    No, it's not a joke. We're not allowed to buy them either. On many occasion I have had to throw perfectly good things into the compacter as it has gone to 2p and is therefore company policy not to sell it.

From my experience working in another supermarket I know they would rather sell something for a penny than chuck it down the compactor. I have also personally bought items from asda for 2 p
    :D
    Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
    Redundancy date 31/12/12
    :jNew Job started 18/02/13 :j
  • Heath84
    Heath84 Posts: 579 Forumite
    mc4martyc wrote: »
    From my experience working in another supermarket I know they would rather sell something for a penny than chuck it down the compactor. I have also personally bought items from asda for 2 p
    :D

I have bought things from Asda for 2p too, but in my experience it's all dependant on the manager. In the past some have said sell it, others have said put it in the compactor!!
  • All shelf space costs the company money, so to keep 1-2p items on the shelf end up costing the company more that the shelf cost Unfortunately.

Also the Companies can dispose of the good and wright the full purchase price off their tax (earning them more money that they will get selling the item for 1-2p).
  • wiggels
    wiggels Posts: 42 Forumite

This cutlery sent a penny in tesco, its what tesco scan staff and it knocks the 70% off the ales I cutlery x
  • Our local Tesco had some Halloween honeycomb and squishy skulls still in. Shelves were priced at 37p for the honeycomb and the skulls were priced at 12p. Both scanned through the till at 1p.

Barcode for honeycomb ends 5464.
    Barcode for skulls ends 0341

Not sure if this is in all Tesco but worth a look.

:) x
    Been married since 14th September 2013 <3
  • I can confirm another 1p find at tesco - Cadbury's Screme Egg, Barcode ends 5175.

Edindevon
  • ang1234
    ang1234 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Edindevon wrote: »
    I can confirm another 1p find at tesco - Cadbury's Screme Egg, Barcode ends 5175.

Edindevon
    Found some 1p halloween sweets in Br*sl**gt*n store, the bags of small screme eggs scanned at £1.95 though
  • LeaLea89
    LeaLea89 Posts: 359 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    I have just gone through mysupermarket.co.uk for groceries, typed in eye shadows into the Asda store and there are a few on offer for just 2p.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/Shopping/FindProducts.aspx?Query=eye%20shadow

If you go to the asda site directly these are not there but i have placed an order through mysupermarket and they have transferred to the basket at the 2p price.

Got a few for stocking fillers :)
    SPC6 #116 £652.75
    SPC7 #116 £674.50
    SPC8 #116 £1010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business