Budget Wars - A New Hope (with apologies to George Lucas)

Comments

• Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    You're having a hard time just now, Bob, but you know everyone here is thinking about you and wishing you all the best.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Aw Bob - I truly have nothing but respect and admiration for everything that you do. I know our situations are very different but I completely appreciate trying to make a go of things and feeling like nobody notices/cares/helps etc. I wish I was closer and I would come and babysit your kids so you and dh could have a date night (and I don't ever offer to look after other people's kids :p)...
    You just need a break, and unfortunately I know how hard they are to come by.
    Lots of love to you and yours xxxx

Cat that is so kind. I am not surprised you wouldn't want to look after kids after being a teacher as well :rotfl: I feel so touched by you even saying that. Thank you. :T

I completely agree that a break is what I need and my family too. It's just utterly impossible right now. I honestly feel so surprised at how off track we appear to have gone since the start of this year. I keep thinking oh well get to a quieter bit and I will be able to stop and review how we've done overall and set some more goals. But it hasn't happened yet. I'm just getting through each day at the moment.

You're having a hard time just now, Bob, but you know everyone here is thinking about you and wishing you all the best.

Thanks so much TF I do appreciate that. :)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Hi Bob,

Hope that you're okay? Always good to have a break and reassess things.

xx
  • Bobarella
    In an attempt to jump start my positive side I think I will just try and go with gratitudes for now. That is always possible.

Today I am grateful for:

1. Kind thoughtful comforting words from my online friends.

2. For an enquiry that made me feel that my efforts had at least been seen.

3. For the cooler weather, it is so much fresher to be out walking in.

Bob

• Bobarella
    Hi Bob,

Hope that you're okay? Always good to have a break and reassess things.

xx

Thank you. :)

• sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    edited 14 July 2017 at 10:18AM
    Hi Bob,

I am so sorry to hear that you and your family are having a difficult 2017. I was so grateful to Siebre for alerting us on the Wombling thread to the fact that life is proving to be a major challenge for you at the moment.

I hope that I am correct in believing that you actually live in London. If you do, then I would be very happy to act as a free babysitter for you. I am a qualified Level 3 Nursery Nurse, a Mother and Grandmother. I absolutely love children. :D

I am currently employed as a part time cleaner in a Sixth Form College and only work term time, so as it is the Summer holidays at the moment for me, so I have a few non working weeks.

I know that what you really need at the moment is someone you can implicitly trust to look after your precious children so that you can have time to yourself and can get time to remind yourself of who you are as a woman in your own right and as a wife. You would be able to experience that date night that you long for with your husband, plus you could just have time to work at your business without all the distractions of trying to cater to the myriad needs of your children at the same time.

Please take advantage of my offer if you and your husband feel comfortable doing so. I do have a current DBS.
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    You work so hard Bob and are inspiration for lots as us but non of us are superwoman. Please try to take a little time for yourself as you are important too. It's hard to accept help form others at times but try to if its offered. I hope you get back to your positive self soon.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sugarbaby - you are an angel :A
    I really hope that Bob takes you up on the offer and gets a few hours that she needs either to herself or with her dh.
  • hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,244 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    What a lovely forum this is, I think everyone sees what an absolutely determined and hard working woman you are and everyone has points where things just seem impossible and need some extra support, this is your time xx

You've had so much to cope with in terms of children, being self-employed and the challenges that brings, friends who let you down never mind just having a life - it's understandable that you are at breaking point.

I know words can't help you find the money to pay the rent or bring in the income but there's a wealth of experience, ideas and offers of help on here that hopefully give you some comfort that you're not alone. Please accept a dodgy hug too :grouphug:

Are there any baby/toddler group nearby that you can go to for an hour of breathing time and maybe build up a new network of friends and support?

H x
  • Hi Bob,

I am so sorry to hear that you and your family are having a difficult 2017. I was so grateful to Siebre for alerting us on the Wombling thread to the fact that life is proving to be a major challenge for you at the moment.

I hope that I am correct in believing that you actually live in London. If you do, then I would be very happy to act as a free babysitter for you. I am a qualified Level 3 Nursery Nurse, a Mother and Grandmother. I absolutely love children. :D

I am currently employed as a part time cleaner in a Sixth Form College and only work term time, so as it is the Summer holidays at the moment for me, so I have a few non working weeks.

I know that what you really need at the moment is someone you can implicitly trust to look after your precious children so that you can have time to yourself and can get time to remind yourself of who you are as a woman in your own right and as a wife. You would be able to experience that date night that you long for with your husband, plus you could just have time to work at your business without all the distractions of trying to cater to the myriad needs of your children at the same time.

Please take advantage of my offer if you and your husband feel comfortable doing so. I do have a current DBS.

What a lovely gesture x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport