Best place to buy cabin luggage for Ryanair.

Comments

2010 Posts: 5,329
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    ROCKETRICK wrote: »
    Based on this advice I went to my local Sports direct store and bought a Dunlop trolley Case 10 ( I belive Sports Direct own the Dunlop brand). Its size is a perfect 51 x 34.5 x 19 cm Its a bit heavy at 3.1kg, the capacity is 33.4 litres. With the expander zip open - this increases capacity by up to a 1/3, I can put my coat and a heavy book for example at the top, and take them out at the check in. Again they say its 50% off for £9.99 - cant go wrong!:T

Got mine at the end of last year for £7-99. :T

But of course now SD have got their sale on, hence the price increase. :rotfl:
  • StaceyAKelly
    StaceyAKelly Posts: 305 Forumite
    hya! You can get the perfect size Dunlop case from Sports Direct (soccer sports) for £7.99. I bought one a couple of years ago and I call it my Ryanair case! Its really hard wearing but great for everything you need for a few days. The only downside is that it weights over 2kg so you lose a couple, but I still usually have weight to spare to bring a few bits home :-).

Hope this helps xxx
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    I just bought some bags specifically for Ryanair flights, they weigh 0.8kg and are the exact size (55 x 40 x 20) and come with an approved sticker on. They were 9.99 each on ebay with £7 P&P for 3 bags combined. Think it was £3 postage per bag. They look like they will hold enough for a weeks holiday. There was a choice of colours, black red and blue and seem sturdy enough. Will report back on how durable they are in a couple of weeks time!
  • lijaloo
    lijaloo Posts: 265
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 2 May 2011 at 2:47PM
    I can recommend the flylite medium size foldaway. Its the exact dimensions for ryanair, weighs only 800g and is absolutely cavernous when compared to other cases of the same size, having a capacity of 44 litres. It folds away into itself for storage. Have had mine now for quite a few years and its still going strong.
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,805
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi xxvickixx;4329405

Where to get it and how much ?
    IS it still available ...
    xxvickixx wrote: »
    I just bought some bags specifically for Ryanair flights, they weigh 0.8kg and are the exact size (55 x 40 x 20) and come with an approved sticker on. They were 9.99 each on ebay with £7 P&P for 3 bags combined. Think it was £3 postage per bag. They look like they will hold enough for a weeks holiday. There was a choice of colours, black red and blue and seem sturdy enough. Will report back on how durable they are in a couple of weeks time!
  • xxvickixx
    xxvickixx Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    adindas wrote: »
    Hi xxvickixx;4329405

Where to get it and how much ?
    IS it still available ...

This is the one. Went on to ebay to find the link and got distracted!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOARD-CABIN-BAG-HAND-LUGGAGE-FLIGHT-HOLDALL-55X40X20-/320680989550?pt=UK_Tickets_Travel_Luggage_CA&var=&hash=item76c01b5a9c
  • adindas
    Forumite
    Thank you.
    Unfortunately, they do not have trolley .....

xxvickixx wrote: »
  • adindas
    Forumite
    I just boguht one today in ARGOS. It is £9.59 and has trolley.
    2010 Posts: 5,329
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    I just boguht one today in ARGOS. It is £9.59 and has trolley.

That`s smaller than the Sports Direct Dunlop one but they have the same size for £7-99
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure