Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 7
  • out of cash
    I love seeing "customers" being told er I mean "directed" what to do- or else!
    Originally posted by rich_and_corpulent_mp
    I hope your not trying to put across the DWP actually know what their doing
    • john539
    • By john539 21st Dec 12, 11:59 PM
    • 15,414 Posts
    • 10,327 Thanks
    john539
    Clueless IDS spouting off.

'Tough' website to monitor jobseekers

He now confirms everyone's suspicion is justified.

What an idiot.
  • ArtoDeeto
    My advice to claimants, don't go to the JCP or work programme provider saying things like "Ahaa, I don't have to comply because of blah blah blah", you'll get their back up and they will make life hard for you, you can waste 20 mins of their time but they can waste your entire week.

BUT he had better use an alternative like Indeed or totaljobs. He was more than happy, I was more than happy with him using alternative sites, we were both happy, job done.

And will he be asking for details of all your other accounts, bank, email, etc, in case you lose them ?
    Maybe ask the advisor for details of their web accounts in case they lose them.
    Your Gateway Id is entry to many other government online services, so under no circumstances should you give them this.

So I said, "but you can give a direction, can't you, and then it will be mandatory". "No he says, that would be illegal".
    "you have to register, it mandatory!" so I says "No it's not" "yes it is" she barks "everyone has to sign up!" I then tell her that my JCP advisor has just told me it isn't mandatory at all.
    Well, she says, I going to put on your file that you refused to sign up (threat) So I just said "OK"!
    I was just watching the news on the beeb and they are now saying that IDS is going to make singing up compulsory!
    How on earth can the DWP just denied millions of people their right to privacy?
    Sorry but just cherry-picked some quotes from this thread.
    You must all be visiting "physcho-nutter want to be a traffic warden advisors" because it doesn't relate to the real world.

Personally, if I was an advisor, I'd want to see that you wanted and were really looking for a job. If you are sorted, but if you are trying to play the system you are staring down three years loss of benefits.
    I couldn't give a monkeys about whether you have signed to UJM or ticked the second box on the third right down from the far left - if you are looking you are going to get help, if you are not Santa is dropping something into your Sanction Sack.
    • poppellerant
    • By poppellerant 22nd Dec 12, 9:28 AM
    • 971 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    poppellerant
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/unemployed-to-be-forced-to-sign-up-to-universal-jobmatch-website-at-the-centre-of-security-concerns-8427546.html
    Unemployed people will be forced to join up to a government site at the centre of security concerns - as well as posting their CVs online - or face losing their jobseeker’s allowance from the new year, it has been announced.
  • out of cash
    To be honest, if I was to 'mandate' that you sign-up to that site then you would have to or else you would be sanctioned, I wouldnt ask for access details as thats your business. All I want to see is evidence you're applying for jobs, not fussy about the site or the medium.

Granted, I wouldn't mandate that you do it because I think the site is rubbish and has been nothing but trouble. I just tell client/customers to use sites like 'Indeed'.

If i crossed a 'smart' JSA claimant who tried to wow me with his awesome loophole skills, I would just mandate that he turn up Monday to Friday 9am till 3pm to search for jobs, I bet they find something pretty sharpish (I'm talking about the blatantly lazy, not those who are genuinely seeking work). Never had to do it before but a few are pretty close.

My advice to claimants, don't go to the JCP or work programme provider saying things like "Ahaa, I don't have to comply because of blah blah blah", you'll get their back up and they will make life hard for you, you can waste 20 mins of their time but they can waste your entire week.
    Originally posted by xsupercarlx

Really, do they have the space in these places and enough working computers.Your wrong! the jc and work programme providers cant do what they like as i myself have proved to them on a few occasions, this was them acting incorrectly by their own regulations. Some people seem to be of the opinion that its only the unemployed who take the !!!! and abuse the system.

If there own legislation says we dont have to do x etc,then we dont.They can stop peoples jsa and then that person can appeal,i spoke to the CAB recently and people are winning cases hand over fist.Its costing the tax payer millions because of the DWP and ids and his clowns with their bloody minded attitude to the unemployed .The WP providers are so dim you dont have to be a lawyer to run rings around them,as long as you are complying with everything on the scheme and they are treating you in a human like way. They will eventually go bust as their not fit for purpose.
  • out of cash
    Could the lawyer on here please come to the rescue and explain about data protection and privacy laws. Would this make it difficult for them to enforce without a change in law.?
  • out of cash
    Apologies to all, seems they can do this as the lawyer states a few posts back. I am still amazed how they will be able to force someome to use a particular web site.We know exactly why they want all unemployed to use this particular site,and its not just for the job search.It will be used as a monitoring tool and easy for the DWP to whack lads of people with sanction after sanction. Again, people will appeal and win in most cases and it will cost further millions just because ids and the clowns think they are always right,i d say bloody arrogant. Just to add i am a 42yr tax payer, or was.
  • mvengemvenge
    Again, people will appeal and win in most cases
    Originally posted by out of cash
    ......or possibly not.
    Fokking Fokk!
  • AP007
    I love this quote

'“In the new year we will require Jobseekers Allowance claimants to use the service. It is already a condition of receiving JSA that you actively seek work and Universal Jobmatch is where the majority of new vacancies are being posted.”'

The JC have always thought they have the MOST jobs advertised compared to any other site in the UK!! LOL
  • out of cash
    I love this quote

'“In the new year we will require Jobseekers Allowance claimants to use the service. It is already a condition of receiving JSA that you actively seek work and Universal Jobmatch is where the majority of new vacancies are being posted.”'

The JC have always thought they have the MOST jobs advertised compared to any other site in the UK!! LOL
    Originally posted by AP007

I know its a total joke their overall mentality.IDS and his clowns are dressing this site up like its the best thing to hit planet earth. We still have the same old problems,too many people not enough jobs and particularly permanent jobs in line with the cost of living and not subsidized by the tax payer.
  • AP007
    I know its a total joke their overall mentality.IDS and his clowns are dressing this site up like its the best thing to hit planet earth. We still have the same old problems,too many people not enough jobs and particularly permanent jobs in line with the cost of living and not subsidized by the tax payer.
    Originally posted by out of cash
    I see they are paying over £16MILLION for that!! 2.56mill out of work - not great vaule is it
  • keithrgj
    may i ask "why all the back stabbing"

I can confirm that signing up for UJM is not mandatory. Their is nothing under regulation 18 The Jobseeker’s Allowance Regulations 1996 that states compulsory enrollment

The job centre can give a direction to enroll on the UJM site, but you can tick a box and deny the job centre staff access to your data contained within the site.

DATA PROTECTION ACT COMES INTO PLAY
    European directive on "tracking cookies"
    also article 8 of the convention on human rights as well.

UK legislation has to be compatible with EU law

we all realise the contempt smith has for EU law, which i might add is also UK law

Statutory legislation is the law, the likes of smith or any job centre staff cant interpret it any different, even if they say different

So far as I am aware regulation 8 still says you need to take Two steps per week. The law does not define what these are, nor does it stipulate any time periods.

Last edited by keithrgj; 03-01-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    • Johnnytwostep
    • By Johnnytwostep 3rd Jan 13, 11:54 AM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,162 Thanks
    Johnnytwostep
    Get a job and none of this mandatory or not would matter!!!
  • Jerry Mander
    Get a job and none of this mandatory or not would matter!!!
    Originally posted by Johnnytwostep
    Ignorant peasant!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,641Posts Today

8,959Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin