50 p off per litre of petrol at Tesco

Comments

• Dasa
    Dasa Posts: 702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    This is such a con as they put the prices right up for this. Unless you're going to do the price match I can't see it's worth it.
  • Wheres_My_Cashback
    Wheres_My_Cashback Posts: 4,294 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 13 November 2012 at 7:57PM
    £30 - £50 approx of free goods not worth it ???

Read posts above you'll see that it is worth it especially on non-perishable everyday goods.
  • stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Don't do what I did I went in and bought £9 worth of my favourite yoghurts (long sell by) and get no voucher. Only to be told that it starts at midnight.

The lovely lady is now putting them back on the shelves until the morning ;):rotfl:
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • welshsue
    welshsue Posts: 571 Forumite
    Inflated prices again by Tesco.. Did the Morrison's offer. Spend £60 and get 15p off per litre and I could buy what I wantedas opposed to what they wanted to sell
  • newbie1980
    newbie1980 Posts: 2,016 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    welshsue wrote: »
    Inflated prices again by Tesco.. Did the Morrison's offer. Spend £60 and get 15p off per litre and I could buy what I wantedas opposed to what they wanted to sell

yes inflated but play them at there own games to get a pp so get asda prices and fuel vouchers
  • phadge
    phadge Posts: 51 Forumite
    Can someone pm new the spreadsheet too? Thanks!
  • haycorns
    haycorns Posts: 356 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I saved over £100 in the summer just buying robinsons squash and price promising. We use it all the time and it keeps. Conveniently just finished the summer stock pile.

The dairy is a good deal becasue you can pick from the best offers - cheese is 3 for 2 and it might work on the price before multibuy savings. Watch this space for the first people to try. You won't need to price match on dairy to get full value from your voucher.

Toilet rolls still would cost me £2 more than I normally pay even with price match and I don't like the coffee. Chocolates are a luxury not a money saver

Do the maths based on your own car though - my people carrier takes 70L so £35 saving with 5 vouchers, sons can much smaller so saving is much less -closer to £20.Other car in between. Each car will need filling at least twice in the lifetime of the vouchers, so looking to save about £160 without paying over the odds or buying things i don't need.

And only fill up when you are empty. Takes some organisation and planning , but you can easily win on this one if you read the threads and play by the rules.

All in all it's a very good hourly rate for work.
  • phadge wrote: »

And me too if it's available. Would really appreciate it. Thx :)
  • Cher-Ching wrote: »
    Thanks OP

I have created a spreadsheet for myself to work out how much the goods will cost me (or if Tesco pays me to take them away like last time!) depending on what goods I buy and the amount of fuel I buy. Thought others could find this useful. Don't want to be naughty and break the rules if I upload a link to the spreadsheet, anyone know if this is ok?

Could you pm me x
  • phadge wrote: »

Please can someone send me this too please. TIA :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure