NST: Sailing into September

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Evening all :)

Good save doing the work on the shower switch rather than paying a callout and then more money TOG :)

Spends - only spends today have been in relation to rental property, so claimable, so am counting it as NSD no 2 :) Yesterday, though, as well as the small top up shop in the morning DD and I went shopping for a few uni bits and bought pans and crockery - I think my mum will give me the money for those, though, as her gift to DD :T

Eating - children all taking packed lunches to school - DD eating in between shifts from stuff in fridge rather than buying :) OH and I have been using bits up. Tonight we are both too tired from finishing things in rental property all week so will probably end up with cereal :p:D We will totally finish it tomorrow morning (last bit of cleaning up) Assuming tenancy agreements come back tonight the tenants are then moving in on Sat - it will be nice to have some money coming in for it - it's been empty for a year and we've been paying the mortgage/ elec/ ctax etc, as well as gutting it from the previous tenant (heavy smoker who didn't clean...) The tenants are a friend's son + gf. We've done all the 'right' things re right to rent, getting epc, electric reports, protected deposit in gov scheme etc but they are getting it at a slightly cheaper than mkt rent as we've not had to go through an agent at all, so we've saved money, so it's fair they save some too :) They asked for a 2 year tenancy period, which is nice :)

Empty - still no real progress here as yet, although did clear out lots of dead foliage from spring/ summer plants into green bin earlier. And priced up a couple more items for NNS. Everything which is coming back from rental is being considered as to whether it's needed. We have a box of brass door handles, hinges etc (inc some new handles in packaging) which we haven't used there and won't be using here so they are going to go to CS next week. They are actually perfect carboot items, but I am not doing one of those!

Reading - small amount of book read - am also counting this as me time! :)

Hope to achieve more next week :)

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Evening everyone,

Spends - pleased to report that today was a NSD, my 2nd of the month.

Eating – I didn’t stick to my menu plan as I unexpectedly got treated to some pizza for dinner. I’ve been spoilt two days in a row now!

Time – I managed to grab a shower and read a bit of my book.

Empty – I have an Ikea kallax (I think!) unit which I use to store the wee one’s stuff. I want to work on tidying it up for the rest of this month.

Meet (or rather take the little one out the house more) – I took the wee one to a sensory play class today. He quite enjoyed looking around, although he’s a bit too young to appreciate everything that was going on. The teacher however was pleased with his behaviour (he managed an hour without any major crying) and said she’d be comfortable having him back. So I’ve signed up for a monthly membership which allows us to attend one class a week.

Bed – My bedrooms pretty messy at the moment as I’ve been trying to re-organise everything, which inadvertently means I dump stuff out the cupboards etc onto the floors then put back in all back in (usually in a different order/place). I need to work on clearing this up.

Exercise – I walked part of the way to the sensory play class then back again. I didn’t use my phone to tally up the distance but it was roughly 30 minute in total.

Reading – I’m continuing to read ‘Nina is Not Ok’ which I got out the library.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200

• As it was a spend day anyway, I booked a few days away for the first week of October break. 3 nights in a cabin for the 4 of us for £229, bargain. Was meant to be booked out, then found one for £270 and then the last on for that price. Saved the money it'll cost us to go to the enchanted forrest.

Did u book this thru a company Thrifty? Sounds lovely. I'd love to book something similar.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Only been in from work 20 mins and already in my jarmas drinking a cold beer. :D

Spends/Eats £4.05 spent on lunch/snacks when travelling as had toast at 8am and then nothing until 6pm! Not good when I should be eating well to prepare for my race on Sunday.

Also spent £10 on beer for DH, choc spread for me and a ys loaf and a ys pasta meal for DH.

Not heard anything following my interview on Tuesday.

Presents - will buy 2 at the weekend for friend's girls

Time for me - read a bit of my book last night and watched GBBO and DCI Banks last night

Empty - I haven't even started on this yet!

Meet - accepted an invite for a party for DS. He doesn't always get to go to all the ones he is invited to so made sure he could go to this one.

Bed - Our duvet needs a wash so will get this done at the weekend. My DM is coming next weekend so will have a good sort out of office/bed four

Exercise - none today as sat in a car for 6 hours and am tapering down for my race

Reading - Will read a bit more tonigh
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • 364ab
    364ab Posts: 22 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Spends - 5/14 NSD today. Last in a few as got a Pets At Home run planned for tomorrow and cinema trip on Sat.

Eats - All week taken lunches to work, and made houmous with the chickpeas which has saved buying something for sandwiches. Even took a tub of crisps decanted from a big bag, when had no small bags left to save breaking a no spend day... also had last night's leftover spinach feta filo parcels for tonight so less cooking required!

Time - Managed to grab some magazine wind down time with a glass of wine and an episode of House of Cards...

Empty - working my way through the kitchen cupboards, and started another charity bag.

Meet - finally planning a visit back to our home town, its not until Oct but I figure it still counts as not been back since June and will see a lot of family and friends. It was meant to be in Sept but too busy...

Had a lovely relaxing and successful evening with pup n DW after a stressful day so will top it off with half an hour reading time in the world of Northern Lights... Lyra has just got to Bolvangar and its all kicking off...
  • Hi turtles!

Just a quick post from me reporting NSD 5. Yesterday was a treat day as DH passed the first part of his qualification. Fingers crossed he should complete the whole thing in the next 2 weeks and should then be starting work ASAP.

Am working on emptying my hallway atm (where I am storing all the bits I am listing for sale) and have sold an old coat for £40! And it was one that was given to DH for free a year ago!!

Business is picking up too and have quite a few orders going out in the next few weeks.

Overall, feeling quite positive about things right now :)
  • Nsd#5 for me yesterday. Hoping today will be too. Taken lunch to work everyday this week n other meals from stores. Looking forward to a lay in tomorrow tho.
  • Glad everything is working out Welsh. Keep going with the business it will get there eventually. What is it that u do?
  • Hello Everyone

8th September

Had a totally “me” day today.

Met my cousin for lunch but had wine and cocktails as well. Wasn't actually too spendy but would have been worth it even if it had been. She is such a kind, caring and funny person. I laughed till I cried.

As I had lunch I didn't need any dinner so C made something for himself and son from the freezer whilst I put my feet up and watched television.

Went to bed and read a bit of my book.

Oh well. Tomorrow's another day. Back to challenges.

Have a nice day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    dizzyblnd wrote: »
    Did u book this thru a company Thrifty? Sounds lovely. I'd love to book something similar.

Went to the website offering the lodges first but then found my deal on b00king.com. They often have great prices. Booked stuff abroad with them before too.

Not much to report apart from: why did we think opening a bottle of wine on a school night was a good idea :o. Red wine just doesn't do me any favours. Tried to be "sensible" :rotfl: and not drink before my hike on Sat, rather have "one" last night. Oh well, early night for me then.

Hopefully another (gentle) gym session today and a NSD
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure