PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

The "have a look at this!" thread II

Grimbal
Grimbal Posts: 2,334
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Official MSE Insert:

Thanks to Grimbal for starting this thread, where compulsive Rightmove browsers share their funniest finds. Scroll down for Playboy mansions, unusual extensions, toilets in wardrobes and mysterious presences under bedcovers.

Back to the original post...

Thought I'd start off a new thread as the other one was getting to be pretty long. The old thread can be found here.

How about starting up a thread dedicated to the interesting properties that we come across in our searches ?

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV :D

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
"Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951

Comments

• devotee
    devotee Posts: 881 Forumite
    Grimbal wrote: »

I'm guessing these guys don't invite their granny over to watch TV :D

She'd never leave if they did :p

Just thought I'd help out the new thread :)
  • Grimbal
    Grimbal Posts: 2,334
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    here's another one -On since Oct 2009 ! PB reports:

05 August 2011

Agent changed: Batcheller Monkhouse & Bannisters

13 April 2011

Price changed: Guide Price £400,000 £395,000

24 January 2011

Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

12 July 2010

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'

30 April 2010

Price changed: Offers in Region of £425,000 Guide Price £400,000

25 February 2010

Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

29 January 2010

Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'

09 October 2009

Initial entry found.

Don't understand why - pleasant house, bit dated admittedly, but I guess it may be a bit overpriced
    "Science is a wonderful thing if one does not have to earn one's living at it" Einstein 1951
  • Starbrite
    Starbrite Posts: 947
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    What's Redhill like???

Aside from the ott pics I love the look of that place and it's in budget and commuting distance...

Hmm depends what your after, It's full of cheap shops has a market on a week day and at the weekend easy to get to M25 London etc and easy to get to coast Airport etc...

Don't expect to be able to do a decent shop in the town or find some nice bars/cafe's has a Sainsburys and Iceland and lots of pound shops a wilkinsons, one of those Next knock off shops Choices? shoe zone etc no high end shops.... If you know what I mean

As in the area it's alright, I have a friend who lives in Merstham up the road on the "rough" estate which in my eye's doesn't look "rough" seen rougher! She's had no problems....
    Aspiring to be financially independent.... from my parents!
  • Riq
    Riq Posts: 10,430 Forumite
    £800k for this ugly monstrosity

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-19212513.html

It's about 5mins from my house in a not so great area and is DOUBLE the price of anything else on that street

For the same price and in a much better area (just 5 or so mins away) you can have this...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30975175.html

Amazing, absolutely amazing.
    "I'm not from around here, I have my own customs"
    For confirmation: No, I'm not a 40 year old woman, I'm a 26 year old bloke!
  • murphydog999
    murphydog999 Posts: 1,598
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Riq wrote: »

What a strange property, looks like 2 council houses joined together from the outside, and a care home on the inside. The decimal point must be in the wrong place.
  • "High security Banham shutters throughout"
  • Riq wrote: »

It's about 5mins from my house in a not so great area and is DOUBLE the price of anything else on that street

For the same price and in a much better area (just 5 or so mins away) you can have this...

What a bizarre property. It does indeed look like a stretch council house. The inside is weird too - spend £800k and you get that kitchen!!
  • Riq wrote: »

I like the way they've used different colour bricks on the extension to those of the original house. Classy.

The bars make it look like Woodhill prison.
  • Starbrite wrote: »
    Hmm depends what your after, It's full of cheap shops has a market on a week day and at the weekend easy to get to M25 London etc and easy to get to coast Airport etc...

Don't expect to be able to do a decent shop in the town or find some nice bars/cafe's has a Sainsburys and Iceland and lots of pound shops a wilkinsons, one of those Next knock off shops Choices? shoe zone etc no high end shops.... If you know what I mean

As in the area it's alright, I have a friend who lives in Merstham up the road on the "rough" estate which in my eye's doesn't look "rough" seen rougher! She's had no problems....

I posted a lengthy reply to question by PM.
    Merstham is considered the 'bad' part of Redhill but one of my estate agents lived there and they usually know and he said it was ok and whenever I go through there it looks rather quaint but I do only see the main road.

Merstham is North of Redhill. The house in question is West between Redhill and Reigate which tends to be the most popular (expensive!!) part. South is Earlswood where I live which I think is very nice with good housing stock. There isn't really an East - it gets quite rural East!!

As for a 'decent shop' I presume you mean non-food as there is a good sized Sainsburys. There is Croydon north and Crawley south and trains take c35 mins into Victoria so you can be on Oxford Street in 45 mins should you wish.
  • DianneB
    DianneB Posts: 884
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    "High security Banham shutters throughout"

Perhaps they are there to keep people IN? Scary.
    Slightly bitter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport