December Debt Destruction!!!

Comments

• kerri_dfw
    kerri_dfw Posts: 4,556 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all, I've just found this thread and would like to join in as a cheerleader if possible. I haven't bought all my presents yet, but the money has been allocated from all the ridiculous overtime I did in October that was paid this month.
    I only need to put one more lot of petrol in my car this month as I unfortunately have a family funeral on Monday, then I don't have to leave Cardiff until January :)
    My OH and I have a large food budget of £250 for the month that I'd like to be cutting down, I don't think we hit it anyway but I'd love to start keeping a track of my spends so spreadsheet ahoy!
    I've already done my 6 lots of 20mins exercise for the week (2hrs gymnastics on Tuesday, 1hr yoga yesterday and 3hrs rock climbing yesterday)...but I'll try to keep this up over the coming weeks.

I'm really scared of Christmas, we're having it at home this year and I really don't want to go crazy spending. We don't have a tree or anything! I've asked a tree surgeon friend for some twigs so I can make my own garlands and my auntie is giving me some pine cones also.

I shall try to go hardcore in January :)
    Diary: Getting back on track for 2013 and beyond
    DEBT FREE 13-10-13 :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:
    Beautiful daughter born 11.1.14
    Mortgage: [STRIKE]£399,435.91[/STRIKE] £377218.83
    Deposit loan from Dad: £9000[STRIKE]£10000[/STRIKE]
  • WELCOME to my thread Kerry. The more cheerleaders the better. We appreciate any support and hollering now and then.. you seem hardcore already with all that exercising.. and well done on the home made Christmas bits - they are always nicer as you get a beautiful smell from the pine in the house...

Glad you stopped by!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • :dance:URGENT UPDATE ALERT:dance:; Sainsbury's Basic's dried pasta shells in tomato sauce is not as horrific as originally remembered.
    I WILL SURVIVE 4 MORE!!!
    “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent".
  • Hi just checking in with 4 NSD's and another hopefully on the way today.

Also just done some extra cycling today which was rather hard word due to my front tyre being a little flat. Also going to have a sauna and a swim after work tonight. even though the sauna doesn't count i think i am going to need it before i have to cycle home again!!

No unscheduled spends either so happy about that, can't remember if I included by phone bill in my budget but that will be £28.33 coming out on Saturday. I think I definitely underestimated the amount of social stuff i have going on in Dec but will just have to make do as I AM NOT transferring any money back into my current account.

On a plus note my sister is back from uni for a month tomorrow so looking forward to that, plus she is my only referral on Sw*gbucks so i can get on her case to get searching!!!
    1% at a time challenge member #127

MWF: as@ Oct13 £45,917, now £43,024.56
  • PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hey Kat, great news about the pasta shells :)

I tend to make the value packet stuff more interesting by adding veg/curry poweder/chilli powder/cheese. Not sure if I have had that one though. I am a huge fan of savoury rice and buy the cheapo one for 26p and then jazz it up a bit.

I have an 'overspill food cupboard' upstairs which if I remember right has lots of approved food nut roast mix, cous cous and very out of date cup a soups! You may have just prompted me to investigate further... I will let you know what I find :)
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • mimi35
    mimi35 Posts: 8 Forumite
    I am also declaring 4 NSD - one from Tuesday and one is for today as no spends in sight today:o

This is really helping me to keep hold of my money and not spending it on little things (like chocolate/biscuits/drinks,.....).:santa2: and think do I really need it or is it just I want it - can I do without it and what can I make from things I have at home - like solving a puzzle with something yammy at the end of it - well if you are succesfull :D.

Thank you NSK for this thread again.
    Debt 1 (1/11/12) CC - £3,694.27:eek: - one at a time - 3 more in hiding:(
    DDD member #29
    NSD - December 7/20
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Well had spend day number 2 today thanks to my pal :(. Was kinda banking on her paying for lunch. She was over here from Germany for three months on an exchange, picked her up from the airport, had her over at ours for dinner and lent her my bike for the time etc and she didn't even pay lunch. Anyway I split the bill then and had to spend a fiver. Must be cultural differences ;)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • PurpleJay - make a list, I wanna know what you have in storage!!!

Mimi35 - well done you! Its always the little things that add up..

Thriftylass - could be just plain ignorance...:)
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,066 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Been MIA the last two days and this thread doesnt half move quick:rotfl:

On Tuesday I had my car MOT'd and it passed, and whilst up in the city I did the rest of my Xmas shopping, really proud as I kept to my list and within the budget and I even took a drink and sandwich with me to have for my lunch, then went to Mr T to spend some for my double up vouchers and went home worn out:rotfl:

Yesterday my youngest DD and SIL came for tea and put the Xmas decs on the tree for me, cos although I love having the tree and lights up, I really hate decorating it, anyway dinner was curtesy of the freezer and had a lovely night with them, although I had to go to Mr T again for some milk as I'd forgot the day before:( so missed it as a NSD

Today DD1 and DGC is coming for tea, again food is out of the freezer. I have the Xmas cake in the oven as Im typing which I bought as a mix after last Xmas and put in the freezer and it smells lovely.

Anyway thats what Ive been up to the last couple of days, its great reading everyones posts and how we are all managing, oh by the way Im keeping the walking up and yesterday went past some holly bushes so I'll go and collect some for my fireplace - Im slowly learning:rotfl:
    Jxx
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• searching_me
    searching_me Posts: 18,414 Forumite
    planned spend day for me due to DD christmas fayre (all profits go to making the school better so im ok with that) ...

OH spent some of his pennies today down town and surprised me when him and DS disappeared and reappeared with a nice soya coffee .. only a small which im glad of ...

was planning on getting the last bit of xmas stuff but as i didnt see what i wanted i didnt spend no point spending for the sake of it :) ...

so i shall look online for the actual things i want which i know actually what i want so will order that and nothing more ... hopefully cheaper if i can find a code ...

OHs watching football so im gonna go for a nice long hot bath after ive settled the kids ... and start some xmas planning x
    :)Still searching .....:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport