Q to MSE Dan L re. cancelling switch

Hi Dan

I applied to switch to OVO better enery online 12 months fixed two days ago i.e. 27th Jan via The Cheap Energy Club but now want to switch to Sainsbury's Energy Discount Fix Feb 2016. I am still within the 14 day cooling off period. My question is how do I go about informing OVO energy that I want to cancel?

Thanks for your help x

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    OVO
    Paying Monthly?
    0800 5999 440 or our landline number 01179 303 100

Paying As You Go?
    0800 358 3523 or our landline number 01173 701 041
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Thanks to JJ Egan for posting here. He's correct, just contact Ovo Energy, request the cancellation and then drop us an email (collectiveswitch AT moneysavingexpert.com) so we can reset your account.
  • Thank you JJ Egan and MSE Dan for your help x
  • I switched to E.On and phoned their cancellation number on 30.1.15 (within 14 day cooling off period) to cancel the switch as I wanted to switch to Sainsburys (the Big Switch recommendation) instead. E.On phone line accepted my cancellation and informed me the switch was cancelled but...
    1. E.On forgot to inform The Big Switch
    2. I had to contact The Big Switch to clear my "Switch in Progress" status so I can switch to Sainsburys
    3. Today 4.2.15 E.On texted me "Welcome to E.On. We still need your electricity meter reading..."
    4. Today 4.2.15 E.On emailed me "We've set up your direct debit and here are the details".
    So it looks like E.On's customer service team forgot to implement my cancellation on Friday morning despite what they told me. What do I do now? E.On could prevent me taking advantage of the Big Switch offer by blocking my switch to Sainsburys.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure