Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Comments

• I may be being completely dense but could someone please confirm whether I am eligible for cold weather payments? I have done the postcode check and we have had one trigger in our area. My question is with regard to who gets it really. I get Child Tax Credit for three children under the age of five, but no income support of jobseekers benefits, so do I get it or not? Thanks in advance for replies.
  • I don't think we do. We too only receive WTC and CTC and are below the threshold (AI under £14,000). Although we have 2 children who receive DLA both high rate mobility, 1 high rate care and one middle rate care, are aged 6 and 3 but as we don't receive income support (husband working) it appears that we don't qualify. Although I could be wrong that would be nice! Pushing my luck if we did qualify would we get it twice for 2 children on DLA or once per household? Sure we're not entitled though. Anyone know for sure?:confused:
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    I may be being completely dense but could someone please confirm whether I am eligible for cold weather payments? I have done the postcode check and we have had one trigger in our area. My question is with regard to who gets it really. I get Child Tax Credit for three children under the age of five, but no income support of jobseekers benefits, so do I get it or not? Thanks in advance for replies.
    No ...............
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • DX2
    I don't think we do. We too only receive WTC and CTC and are below the threshold (AI under £14,000). Although we have 2 children who receive DLA both high rate mobility, 1 high rate care and one middle rate care, are aged 6 and 3 but as we don't receive income support (husband working) it appears that we don't qualify. Although I could be wrong that would be nice! Pushing my luck if we did qualify would we get it twice for 2 children on DLA or once per household? Sure we're not entitled though. Anyone know for sure?:confused:
    Afraid no is the answer.
    *SIGH*
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    My update.......

they did ring back like they said they would this morning......
    and said they did not understand what happened but they have put this right and confirmed there are 4 triggered so far, the first one should be in the account by Monday or even earlier, they also apologised for the delay in us receiving this as this is the first one out of the first 4 to be paid in and others to follow.;)

Got there in the end, now just to keep an eye on the account.

Good luck to you all.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • According to the gov website my area is entitled to 2 payments. Am I eligable, I have a son who has middle rate dla and low rate mobility? What do you do next as I have never recieved anything
  • DX2
    emmaloup wrote: »
    According to the gov website my area is entitled to 2 payments. Am I eligable, I have a son who has middle rate dla and low rate mobility? What do you do next as I have never recieved anything
    Do you get Income support or Jobseekers allowance? If no then I'm afraid you are not entitled to the CWP.
    *SIGH*
  • Hi there, good info to get you thinking.
    We have a disabled 11-year-old son who receives higher rate DLA + mobility allowance with mobility part paid to motor dealership. Looking at the criteria on the direct.gov website it looks as though we/he should qualify for the cold weather payments, but also according to the postcode checker we have had 3 cases of cold weather since qualifying date yet have received nothing to say A) he is entitled to it or B) how it would be paid.

Obviously no pension credit etc for payment through, but annual child tax credit form does stipulate '1 disbled child' and appropriate benefits.

We've not had any fluctuation in the rate of child tax credit paid.

Anybody any ideas or advice?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    emmaloup wrote: »
    According to the gov website my area is entitled to 2 payments. Am I eligable, I have a son who has middle rate dla and low rate mobility? What do you do next as I have never recieved anything

Hi there.

As DX2 have said, and some info here as well.;)

Who's eligible?
    wtd_underline.gif

You may be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment if you get Pension Credit or income-related Employment and Support Allowance with a support or work related activity component in the main phase.

You may also be eligible for a Cold Weather Payment for each qualifying week if you are getting Income Support, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance in the assessment phase and have one of the following:
    • a pensioner premium, higher pensioner premium or enhanced pensioner premium
    • a disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    • a disabled child premium
    • Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    • a child who is under five in the family.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • DX2
    batchymum wrote: »
    Hi there, good info to get you thinking.
    We have a disabled 11-year-old son who receives higher rate DLA + mobility allowance with mobility part paid to motor dealership. Looking at the criteria on the direct.gov website it looks as though we/he should qualify for the cold weather payments, but also according to the postcode checker we have had 3 cases of cold weather since qualifying date yet have received nothing to say A) he is entitled to it or B) how it would be paid.

Obviously no pension credit etc for payment through, but annual child tax credit form does stipulate '1 disbled child' and appropriate benefits.

We've not had any fluctuation in the rate of child tax credit paid.

Anybody any ideas or advice?
    Do you get Income support or jobseekers allowance? if not then I'm afraid you do not qualify.
    *SIGH*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family