this is me

Options
2»

Comments

• Honeybee_2
    Options
    Mobile phone....

Contact your provider and ask to be put on the lowest possible tariff, generally around £15 per month now. You could also ask for a pro forma to pay off the contract which for you, would be approximately £75 providing they can switch you to a lower tariff.

I used to run up horrendous bills on contract but am now with O2 PAYG, £15 per month top up and I get 400 texts and 150 off peak minutes per month with £3 left over for daytime calls if necessary. :)
    Debt free in 2010 :beer:
    £6551.35 paid so far.

This WILL be my debt free year! :T
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    they are all good ideas, thanks every1, does pricechecking mean you look for cheapest things in smarkets?

smoking..after wedding its out, and thats 4 weeks away

sky, is it a 12mth contract? we got it in dec 2005, i will ring them up but feel cheeky.. can i say im cancelling if its under 12mths?
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    emma_b wrote:
    they are all good ideas, thanks every1, does pricechecking mean you look for cheapest things in smarkets?

smoking..after wedding its out, and thats 4 weeks away

sky, is it a 12mth contract? we got it in dec 2005, i will ring them up but feel cheeky.. can i say im cancelling if its under 12mths?

I think sky is usually a 12 month contract and you can cancel after that time is up. You can ask them to put you on the lowest priced package though - or at the very least make sure you're not paying for channels you don't even watch.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding :T

I think by pricechecking they mean looking for the cheapest things in the supermarket, and generally being more aware of the prices of things. Noticing BOGOFs, which items are better value etc. Its easy to add things to your trolley on impulse but if you're thinking about the cost it puts you off. For example... if I went shopping with a budget of £20 for a week and then on impulse went to put some cake into my trolley I might think 'that £2 cake is a whole 10% of my budget, do I really want it that much?!' and usually the answer is no!! That makes me sound really quite sad but it makes sense in my head :rotfl:
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • emma_b_4
    emma_b_4 Posts: 1,292 Forumite
    Options
    LOL, i know what you mean, altho id probly think mmmmmmmmm cake !!

we are on the £18 contract we dont get any movies or anything, i might ring them and see what they can do!

the thing with me and smarkets is i go with my switch card and not cash and its always £50 no matter what i leave out, its getting silly now, and thats in a small trolley too!
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    emma_b wrote:
    LOL, i know what you mean, altho id probly think mmmmmmmmm cake !!

we are on the £18 contract we dont get any movies or anything, i might ring them and see what they can do!

the thing with me and smarkets is i go with my switch card and not cash and its always £50 no matter what i leave out, its getting silly now, and thats in a small trolley too!

When I lived on my own (currently back with parents :o ) I used to make a list of meals that I was going to eat for the coming week - including a mixture of quick and easy things for when i was home late and things that took a bit longer. Of course the quick and easy can be reheating a portion of something that you've made previously and frozen :T

Then, with that list, I used to make a shopping list of each thing that was needed for those meals and the necessaries for packed lunches/breakfast etc. This list was always surprisingly short but I found it did the job - I tried to only buy what was on it and found I ate just as well without spending as much :T I think this was because I was not throwing so much away and because I cut back on impulse buys which I then struggled to find 'time' to eat, as it were, before they went off.

The Old Style Board has loads of recipes and ideas... worth a good look!
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • Murtle
    Murtle Posts: 4,154 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    why have you got a vodafone contract and an O2 contract? if you and OH are on seperate networks it will be expenisve when you run out of inclusive minutes. You should be able to change both to a lower tariff though as you have been with them 6 months.

Try giving up before your wedding so there aren't any pictures of you all dressed up with a ciggie in your hand ;)

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport