Payee Reference & Payment Reference

I have been using Internet banking for some time. I have a number of savings accounts which are fed from one current account.. Each of these accounts are listed in the PAYEE list and has a PAYEE reference attached to it. The PAYEE is my name and the PAYEE reference contains the name of the bank or building society. Clicking on these details takes me to the actual account / sort code. After selecting the correct PAYEE I am able to enter the Payment details. This also has a PAYMENT reference which I use to identify the payment e.g. Savings. This worked perfectly well until a few weeks ago when I noticed that the information I entered in the PAYMENT Reference was migrated into the PAYEE Reference field each time I made a payment. So next time I looked at the PAYEE list I would saw e.g. Savings in the PAYEE Reference instead of the name of the bank I had previously. I also get a text on my mobile informing me that I have changed PAYEE details when I haven't. Am I right in thinking that PAYEE reference and PAYMENT reference are two different entities and that this shouldn't be happening?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure