Debt Agencies and Advice

Options
After reading advice on here about DFH Debt managment I sent a letter to them to say that I dont want to be a part of their program and return any comminucation letters I sent them.

So I am asking here on this form what is my best way to go cause its worrying me im in about 9,800 worth of debt cause I am returning a car under VT that I can no longer afford. Buts its scaring me in case ford say that I have to pay 300 a month towards it after my rent I only have about 950 pounds to do me each month on top of my other bills like car insurance and all.

I have two mobiles with moorcroft 450 and 350 odd each one with fredriqson for 60 who claim to going come to my house then one oustanding for hsbc for 292.

So my question is from you guys advice here which is the better agency to sign up to to become debt free on a monthly plan?.

Regards
David Buckley

Comments

• davidbuckley
    Options
    49 views already is great but would someone like to discuss with me whats my best course of action is
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hello. I'm sorry but I have read your post three times, but don't understand it. If you are asking which debt management company you should use, my advice is don't use a fee charging company, go for a free one like Stepchange.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As advised above, all debt management companies do is get you into more debt, you can self mange your accounts, or get advice from stepchange or National debtline who will not charge you any fees.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • cryptid87
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for advice. I have a protected trust deed with Kensington finance or knightsbridge as they also go by. While in my trust deed I received a court citation and they said they would sort it and not to worry. I then got a letter saying I'm on a debt register for refusing to pay or turn up in court. Knightsbridge apologised and said they would send the paperwork to the court as they hadn't before (a little late now). I still also have debt letters coming through and I get no communication from my trust deed and I am feeling a bit concerned that I am paying them and nothing is being sorted. Can anyone help with any advice? Thank you.
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    cryptid87 wrote: »
    Hi I'm looking for advice. I have a protected trust deed with Kensington finance or knightsbridge as they also go by. While in my trust deed I received a court citation and they said they would sort it and not to worry. I then got a letter saying I'm on a debt register for refusing to pay or turn up in court. Knightsbridge apologised and said they would send the paperwork to the court as they hadn't before (a little late now). I still also have debt letters coming through and I get no communication from my trust deed and I am feeling a bit concerned that I am paying them and nothing is being sorted. Can anyone help with any advice? Thank you.

Hi crypt and welcome to the forum. It would be better if you posted your question in a brand new thread, rather than tagging it onto someone else's, you will get a better response. Sorry, I can't help you with an answer.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills