£15000 to invest

I am to be made redundant in 6 weeks time,i will get redundancy pay of £27500 .i am spending £12000 on a conservatory.£500 to pay bills then the rest of the money to invest.i have a job sorted so i will stil be earning .come on please help

Comments

• boyse7en
    boyse7en Posts: 883 Forumite
    knock £12k off your mortgage, or if you haven't got one knock £12k off my mortgage :)
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,301 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    i wouldnt knock it off the mortgage but thats my preference.

Keep enough back for your emergency fund. Then decide how much you can put aside and for how long. If 5+ years, then look to ISA. If that is not likely to be an option, then stick with cash/deposit based products.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • android_2
    android_2 Posts: 105 Forumite
    i already have £10000 in bank account now,just want to know how best to invest it???
  • dunstonh
    There are about 20,000 areas you can invest in. Where is best will depend on your risk profile, tax position (both now and future), timescale, how and where you want to invest (if you have a preference), what sort of investments you want to use, what you particular investment strategy is etc.

So, not enough info to go on at this stage.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • amcluesent
    amcluesent Posts: 9,425 Forumite
    Yep, mortgage or NS&I index-linked 3 years. I'm very bearish at the mo, everything looks like an asset bubble with inflation/stagflation hitting in 2008.
  • Solar Power!
    It's the only way forward, giving you around 8%, index
    linked, guaranteed by the government for 24 years, plus
    free electricity. Oh, and its tax free.
  • dunstonh
    I'm not sure if 42 months is a record for thread revival but it has to be up there.

ThreadRessurection.jpg
  • mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    It didn't go well, whatever it was.
    Last post from the op two years later.
    android wrote: »
    i have abbey account to which i am overdrawn.they have reduced my overdraft limit,so now i have done overdrawn illegally.i really cannot get to my reduced limit at all.what can i do please help
  • That's what happens when you neglect to look at the dates!!! Hands up, my fault!
  • diable
    diable Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    dunstonh wrote: »
    I'm not sure if 42 months is a record for thread revival but it has to be up there.

ThreadRessurection.jpg

Ha Ha classic.................

most probably invested all the cash in property.........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure