Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• I left Sky a few months back because my deal was ending (originally was paying £12.99/m for basic package plus kids and entertainment, no contract).

I phoned back about 4 months later, just before Christmas and got the same deal again, but this time with movies added on for £9/m, again no contract.

So I now have Sky entertainment and kids for £12/m and movies for £9/m, 21/m altogether, with no fixed contract so I cancel anytime.

Pretty pleased with that.
  • Hi just wondering anyone has received any 18 months deals on Sky Q. My current Sky HD + ended yesterday so I’ve been on both live chat and over phone at looking to rejoin but on Sky Q but both discounted offers were for 12 months but on 18 months contract so would be paying full price for the last 6 months. I declined both as don’t want to be paying full price for 6 months. Has anyone managed to get offers for the full 18 months or are these the only deals they are offering?
  • Apologies if this is the wrong place to post. Advice needed please:
    I’m currently out of contract with Sky and BT (landline and broadband) and want to secure the best possible deal with sky.
    I want to move everything to sky and have a 4K TV and want sky Q.
    I do not have a current “deal” with sky and have (and want) sports, movies, multiroom etc.
    Can someone please advise best course of action?
    Sorry but there’s so many pages in this thread and not really sure where to start!
    Many thanks
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Few months ago, I joined Sky TV and cancelled it same day.

Last month, I went for Entertainment package priced at £20. I refused, and said I was on Sky before. So they offered me Entertainment package for 18 months for £14 p/m.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    tazwhoever wrote: »
    Few months ago, I joined Sky TV and cancelled it same day.

Last month, I went for Entertainment package priced at £20. I refused, and said I was on Sky before. So they offered me Entertainment package for 18 months for £14 p/m.

I have entertainment and skysports for £25 per month.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    And so it begins....

Was paying £50.20 for cinema, box sets & unlimited Fibre. TV contract came to the end of 12 months so I cancelled yesterdat. They said "ah you will lose your discount on fibre & it will go up to £38.99" I told them I was happy for this to happen.

Just taken a call where they have said that they will discount the fibre to £28.00 & they will allow me to keep the recording function of my sky box.

Will wait to see what I get offered on tv.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Mchambers wrote: »
    I have entertainment and skysports for £25 per month.

the full kaboodle + box sets + sports HD + movies HD £18.50 p/m here, due to expire in April, but i wont be surprised if they ask for around £50 this time round :rotfl:
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    shaggy wrote: »
    the full kaboodle + box sets + sports HD + movies HD £18.50 p/m here, due to expire in April, but i wont be surprised if they ask for around £50 this time round :rotfl:
    The trouble is that their offers, if you actually left ,have got better and better, though once, 50% off was thought a good deal. Now they have reverted to 50% at best, it is harder to accept after having had much higher offers.

50% isn't bad at all, but I just couldn't bring myself to accept and two months on, they have made no attempt to get me back, there being no offers on the My Sky or tv screen accounts.
  • I left on 23rd Nov and have had one offer via email and this month one offer via a letter and one via a postcard, same offer.
    £10 for entertainment and £2 for hd. Plus others which i would not be interested in.

Will not be returning until my husband has watch Superbikes via Amazon Eurosport channel, and if he misses the recording function for the motorbikes we will go back but only on the reduced amount. I will never pay full price again.
  • tazwhoever
    tazwhoever Posts: 1,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I get entertainment pack from sky £14 pm, I know kids pack is £5 pm extra. Are there and tips/discount I could talk to sky to lower the rate from £19? I'm not currently getting kids pack at moment.

Thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure