Nationwide PPI Commission Pelvin Claim

2»

Comments

• We discovered sometime ago we had PPI on a loan that was taken out with Nationwide. We contacted them they confirm this was true so we tried to claim it back, but Our claim was rejected. When the Plevin case was won we used the resolver tool and tried to claim again. This time to be told that the loan was taken out in 2000 so we did not qualify as the Plevin ruling did not apply. Can someone let me know if this wis true
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    There are qualifying dates for both when it was taken out and when it was still in force. The term used by the FCA is "in scope".

.... only apply to PPI complaints where a claim could be made against a lender under s.140A. That means that sums must have been payable (or capable of becoming payable) under the underlying credit agreement (which the PPI covered or covers) on or after 6 April 2008 (Note 8).

If PPI was sold to you on a borrowing that you paid off in full before 6 April 2008, you cannot complain.

If you had PPI on a Credit Card, you may still be able to complain about undisclosed high commission even if you stopped using your credit card before 6 April 2008. Mortgages have slightly different dates.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Hi All

Has anyone had a successful PPI commission/Plevin claim from Nationwide?

I submitted a claim in September and have received two letters both saying that I will hear from them by 14th November but it is now nearly than a month later and I have heard nothing more.

I am just wondering if there are others out there who are also waiting or if anyone has had any success with this type of claim from Nationwide.

Thanks.
    Nationwide contact me by letter to ask me to complete a PPI complaint form regarding Plevin. They replied within 8 days to state that my credit card policy was "outside the scope of the FCA rules and guidance". I don't know what that means. And why did they contact me in the first place if they knew that?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    donnakb wrote: »
    I don't know what that means.
    It means you won't be receiving any money.
    donnakb wrote: »
    why did they contact me in the first place if they knew that?
    A invitation for you to complain is not the same as a full admission of liability. The bank only investigated fully at your behest.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    And why did they contact me in the first place if they knew that?

A bulk mailshot effectively. They don't investigate whether you have a case or not unless you ask them. You asked them, they checked and found you did not qualify.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • I had a Ppi claim rejected from nationwide then went back for the ppi commission claim can to the deadline and a letter saying they needed more time. A week letter a cheque dropped on my doormat for £9336 was absolutely gobsmacked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure