Knit Witch's NitWit LBM, debt busting with yarn!

Comments

• Knit_Witch
    Knit_Witch Posts: 4,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Had the result, they granted the care component but not mobility because apparently I can walk more than 50 metres :eek::eek::eek: (err NO not without stopping, getting my breath and waiting for the flipping pain to subside grump), oh and I am now on antidepressants but according to them my mental health is fine (where's the shruggy smiley when you need him)

I have been knitting away though and may soon have my sweater finished (I hope it fits after all this :rotfl:), oh and gradually chipping away at the S!mply Be and V3ry accounts along with my CC so things are happening slowly but surely (apart from my weight going down - that appears to be going in the opposite direction :mad:)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    These people are determined to find ways to screw us over in whatever method they can get us :( not awfully grammatical, but still true :(

Hope you're okay.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Glad you were granted SOMETHING, but not good you were assessed incorrectly. Are you going to appeal? Xx
    Debts @ LBM £23,729.31. Debts @ 08/04/2016 £0 :j
    Best win so far - holiday to Florida
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Glad you were granted SOMETHING, but not good you were assessed incorrectly. Are you going to appeal? Xx

Mandatory Reconsideration to be mulled over letter wise this week and sent next (they give you 4 weeks to get that in and their letter arrived after a week meaning only 3 weeks :mad:)

Still don't know about ESA
    Must use my stash up!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Glad you survived the assessment, Knit Witch, but no real surprise at the inaccuracies and questionable result!
    According to several chronic illness support groups I belong to, most decisions are corrected at MR. If not, there's plenty of help to take it further (including loan of "approved" recording gear which stops the assessor making up rubbish in the appeal).
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    *Robin* wrote: »
    Glad you survived the assessment, Knit Witch, but no real surprise at the inaccuracies and questionable result!
    According to several chronic illness support groups I belong to, most decisions are corrected at MR. If not, there's plenty of help to take it further (including loan of "approved" recording gear which stops the assessor making up rubbish in the appeal).

Letter written and can be sent later or tomorrow - then the waiting game again (meanwhile I WILL finish my sweater this week!)
    Must use my stash up!
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Sweater was finished and was HUGE! I know it is supposed to be a sloppy/comfortable sweater but still :rotfl:

Not heard anything more about PIP yet (not even if they received the letter :mad:) but got my ESA assessment on Tuesday next week :(

Debt was going down nicely until I got myself a new phone (need to set that up and sharpish - oooooh Dr Witch! ....... :p), that is on my V3ry account so that went up again but I am starting to clear it - S!mply B3 is creeping downwards as is my CC.

Reading - ahead of the game, other stuff on my To Do list for the year - not so much!

Read 217 books (140/217)
    [STRIKE]Do 13 new recipes (13/13) [/STRIKE]
    Go to Clinique for a make up lesson
    [STRIKE]Medieval Dog colour 1
    Medieval Dog colour 2
    Medieval Dog colour3
    Medieval Dog colour 4
    Medieval Dog colour 5
    Medieval Dog colour 6[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Start Medieval Hare
    Knit long, comfy sweater [/STRIKE]
    Finish Jan and Feb on Winnie the Pooh
    Finish Mar and Apr on Winnie the Pooh
    Finish May and Jun on Winnie the Pooh
    Finish Jul and Aug on Winnie the Pooh
    Finish Sep and Oct on Winnie the Pooh
    Finish Nov and Dec on Winnie the Pooh

Maybe I should have worked out the colours rather than the months for the cross stitch :o, oh and that is packed away until Wednesday next week - the stress meant I wasn't working on it anyway and then was getting MORE stressed because I didn't work on it *sigh*

Weight has stuck (stress again I reckon!) but I will get back to that next week as well!
    Must use my stash up!
  • poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Hi knitwitch. I have just been reading back on your diary as I have my PIP assessment on Monday:eek:

Good luck for your ESA assessment.

My PIP is a review as I got it for 3 years last time. Just the care too. Lost the mobility aspect of it. I was checking to see how long I might need to wait to hear...

I am impressed that your sweater is finished. You remind me that I need to get on with my cardigan so I have it finished for winter. I did start it two years ago, pulled it out, started again.......
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Knit_Witch
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Best of luck Pooh!

Wish I had the courage to phone and ask about the reconsideration timetable!
    Must use my stash up!
  • *Robin*
    *Robin* Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Stoptober Survivor
    Hi KnitWitch, :hello:

Sorry to hear you're still not sorted out, benefits-wise. If you use Faceache, there's a very helpful group called "ME & Chronic Illness Benefits Advice Group" who can offer support and suggestions re getting a successful result. :)

Rx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport