Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    :footie: Marmite good luck today :footie:

n2emg2.jpg
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    davemorton wrote: »
    :eek: How rude. I would help, think of all the yummy mummys that need the DM touch ;)
    ;)

My apologies....you will get the first invitation:D

We were talking about going back to Bruge this year and I did a random search on DFDS for August.

HOW MUCH?

It's quite a few years since we were there but honestly the prices are eye watering.

Is there anywhere to find discounts?

Please and thank you:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 11 March 2017 at 10:17AM

Morning folks :D

Still catching up on yesterday's goings on but a bit pushed for time this morning so it might take a while :rotfl:

I need the Elite help please. I need to find the cheapest way for some friends to come to bristol from stockport by train on 24th or 25th March and return on 26th March. So far it's looking at about £150 :eek:

I'll say thank you now but will be checking back in later :)

Edit - I found megabus return from Manchester for around £15 return so have passed the info on
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Morning.
    Dd stayed over last night her bf went night fishing, it made a nice change leaving my phone downsrairs:rotfl: still no baby though :o

I'm assuming you've tried all the usual things

A hot curry
    Cleaning the windows
    A brisk walk

:rotfl::rotfl:

I did all the above and both mine started wriggling their way out into the big wide world during the night. Which is very inconsiderate as you need every bit of sleep you can get before the event.

Bet it was lovely to have her home Di:smileyhea
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • I always blame the 6 days early entry into the world of my daughter on the fact that we were at a party the night before and had to go over a lot of rumble strips to get there and back :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    morning all :j

In my B & M yesterday I got something very similar to this for 39p

https://uk.iherb.com/pr/drogheria-alimentari-grey-brittany-sea-salt-mill-2-46-oz-70-g/50712

If you make nice foodie hampers for the gourmets and cooks in your life eg for Mothers day, Birthdays, Christmas etc - collecting together all of your free and nearly free cashback items then this salt would be a fabulous addition and it has a story

https://www.brittanysalt.com/products/dried-coarse-gray-sea-salt-for-grinders
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    edited 11 March 2017 at 10:16AM
    I always blame the 6 days early entry into the world of my daughter on the fact that we were at a party the night before and had to go over a lot of rumble strips to get there and back :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Yes we can add rumble strips to the list.:rotfl:

Any more ideas?:rotfl:

How are you feeling this morning E
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • We're okayish this morning, had a tearful phone call with DD yesterday so that probably helped.

We have to look at it positively, he was in pain and bed ridden, and I think he had given up on life, so it is better this way than having a shell of him hanging on. It just leaves a gaping gap in our lives.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • TrulyMadly wrote: »
    I'm assuming you've tried all the usual things

A hot curry
    Cleaning the windows
    A brisk walk

:rotfl::rotfl:

I did all the above and both mine started wriggling their way out into the big wide world during the night. Which is very inconsiderate as you need every bit of sleep you can get before the event.

Bet it was lovely to have her home Di:smileyhea
    You missed the best way.
    *hint* its the same thing that caused the situation.
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    You missed the best way.
    *hint* its the same thing that caused the situation.

:rotfl:

Yes that can be definitely added to the list:rotfl:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts