Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    gleavesy - what did the claim company say when you asked them the same question? Is the contract silent in this respect?
  • Been paid €800 (it's in the bank!) for delay to Cyprus in Aug 2012. They made it difficult as I had no booking details but pushed it. No joy via online customer services so used 'signed for' Royal Mail and things just happened. Happy ��
  • hello all,

i have 3 flights which I made contact with the airlines in august

1- easyjet flight from Bulgaria to London delayed 5 hours. wrote to easyjet in august but no response . have written to them again in light of new ruling and have also sent an email to the email addresses mentioned in a previous post.

2- virgin atlantic. delayed 24 hours in las vegas in 2009. they wrote back and said they would be waiting for the supreme court decision. will give them a nudge now ruling is out.

3 - continental. wife and I flew Continental on a single ticket from new york to belfast. flight was delayed around 6 hours+ . wrote to United airlines and they said that they were not bound by these rulings and gave us $100 united flight voucher each. Would this be correct that they are not liable ???????

thanks !!
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    3 - continental. wife and I flew Continental on a single ticket from new york to belfast. flight was delayed around 6 hours+ . wrote to United airlines and they said that they were not bound by these rulings and gave us $100 united flight voucher each. Would this be correct that they are not liable ???????

EU compensation applies to all EU airlines with flights leaving or arriving to an EU airport or to non-EU airlines for flights departing from an EU airport
    As Continental/United are not an EU airline and New York is not an EU airport then EU261 does not apply
    - this is all covered in the regulations and the FAQs
  • weebobby123
    weebobby123 Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 5 November 2014 at 3:23PM
    thanks caz for clearing that up regarding United Airlines.

back to easyjet have just had a response:

Dear Robert
    Thank you for contacting easyJet.
    I am sorry that you have had no response from your letter that you sent to us in August this year.
    I'm also sorry to hear that your flight on the 5th February 2012 was delayed. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this would have caused. Having checked our flight delay report I can see that your flight was delayed for four hours and 52 minutes. The flight was delayed due to very poor weather conditions which ia an unforseen circumstance which is out of easyJets control. From our reports, I can see that it was very icy that day in addition to the snow which had resulted in the Airport closure the previous day. Our customers and our staffs safety is our number one priority, we never compromise on this, and therefore it was necessary to delay your flight for this reason.
    We would like to assure you that delaying or cancelling a flight is always the last option we have, as we do realise the inconvenience it causes to our passengers.
    Under EC Regulation 261/2004, poor weather is classified as an 'extraordinary' circumstance. Extraordinary circumstances are classified as events which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken, including but not limited to air traffic control, weather, civil unrest, terrorist alerts and security alerts, strike action and unexpected flight safety shortcomings. As your flight delay is classified as 'extraordinary' EU compensation is not applicable and we will not be issuing any compensation for this delay.
    The flight delay report has been put together by our Legal Disruption Team who are aviation lawyers; experts in their field, therefore this decision is defendable in a court of law.
    As you are unable to provide receipts, I am unable to investigate reimbursement of any claims made.
    Whilst I appreciate that this is not the response you may have hoped for, I do hope that it doesn't deter you from travelling with us again in the future.
    Kind Regards

Gemma
    easyJet Customer Services

does this sound like they are correct ? it was due to weather that the airport was suffering flight delays
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,533
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    it was due to weather that the airport was suffering flight delays

then they are correct that compensation is not payable as they cannot influence the weather. What they need to provide is duty of care whilst you wait so if you were not provided with refreshments during the 5 hour wait then you can send in receipts for reimbursement
  • thanks . wouldn't have receipts for food and drink as was over 2 years ago. not worth the hassle.

think the Virgin flight from Las Vegas is probably the only one i have a good chance with as we were delayed 24 hours
  • Hi, I've got the compensation form ready to fill in, though the card I booked the flights on has now expired and I've got a new one. Does anyone know if I put the last four digits and expiry date from my old card on there, or my new card? Thanks.
  • Hi!

I don't know if any one can help me with this situation.

I've already claim on EasyJet but seams no one solve my problem.
    I re-write the claim that I made on EasyJet.

On October 10th, 2014, our 8720 flight from Lisbon to London (Gatwick), which was scheduled to leave at 20h20m and arrive at 22h55m, suffered a 1h50 delay on the departure, which left at 22h10m from Lisbon and arrived at 00:30 in London (Gatwick). As a result of this delay, we missed the EasyBus's bus that we had previously booked to 23:30.

Since the trip was delayed more than 60 minutes maximum to catch another EasyBus bus, the bus after 23:30 was at 00h45m (although we have made every effort but 15 minutes were not enough to get off the plane and throughout the airport), we tried to complain the situation with the EasyJet's customer service in order to avoid being harmed in this situation. After the statement of EasyJet's customer service, we would have to buy a new ticket for the next bus, which was scheduled for 2:30 am. However, due to time, there were none EasyBus's ticketing desk around the airport to buy the tickets, which we had no choice but to buy the bus tickets from National Express.

Due to the situation, between finding a EasyBus post ticketing and buy tickets from National Express, it was possible to catch the 3:30 bus to finally get to EasyJet Hotel at 5h00m.

Faced with this problem that we had, we can only conclude malfunctioning of easyGroup companies, in this case, EasyJet and EasyBus, which showed no consent, responsibility or power to solve a problem generated by EasyJet, not helping a customer reliable, secure, and to ensure that the customer would leave up the most satisfied possible in the situation.

With this, we want to claim for purchased service that we don't used, the tickets that we bought previously and unable to use them because the due to flight delay, and the tickets that we had to buy from National Express so that we could get an airport transfer to the hotel.

Attached, there are all bus tickets (EasyBus and National Express) for the refund, as well as the plane tickets so they can confirm all this.

Thank you for greater understanding and taking into account all the embarrassment caused, since the client doesn't have any fault and just want to be well served when purchasing a service.

I'll appreciate for your help.

Thank you.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,084
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This forum is for compensation for flight delays/cancellations and denied boarding under reg 261/2004, so wrong forum really, not surprising there is no answer. You were not delayed enough to qualify for compensation under reg 261/2004.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport