iPhone 6 v 6 plus v 7

2»

Comments

• adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I've just looked at costs and concluded that I won't be upgrading until my iphone 6 physically no longer works. Currently on sim only £23.40/month with 16gb data and free spotify v cheapest iphone 6 plus on Vodafone of £58/month with 4gb data. No thank you.

What do others pay? Where did you get a decent deal?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    adonis10 wrote: »
    I've just looked at costs and concluded that I won't be upgrading until my iphone 6 physically no longer works. Currently on sim only £23.40/month with 16gb data and free spotify v cheapest iphone 6 plus on Vodafone of £58/month with 4gb data. No thank you.

What do others pay? Where did you get a decent deal?

I bought my iPhone 7+ outright using a 0% card, I was also lucky enough to get a discount on the price when I bought it.

I still have my old 6 that’s become my spare phone that I try the beta firmware on, I put a new battery in it (£10 from Amazon) and it still works very much like it did new.
    ====
  • adonis10
    d123 wrote: »
    I bought my iPhone 7+ outright using a 0% card, I was also lucky enough to get a discount on the price when I bought it..

That's a good idea as means you can keep your (presumably) low contract. How much did it cost you?
    d123 wrote: »
    I still have my old 6 that’s become my spare phone that I try the beta firmware on, I put a new battery in it (£10 from Amazon) and it still works very much like it did new.
    Again, good plan. Did you replace the battery yourself? Tempted to get a new battery but get someone to install it.
  • Mabr
    Mabr Posts: 13 Forumite
    My iphone 6 is now out of contract and also fell down the toilet a few weeks ago! It's working fine now but for a few days I faced buying a new phone and the costs involved were an eye opener. I've moved to SIM only with ID Mobile - £10 per month, 5gb of data (which roll over if unused so this month I'm starting with 8.6gb of data). I will use this phone until it dies and then look again at that point.
  • The 6s and 7 iPhone models are faster than the 6.

The 6 model also doesn’t have force touch.
  • adonis10
    Sambella wrote: »
    The 6s and 7 iPhone models are faster than the 6.

The 6 model also doesn’t have force touch.

I'd expect them to be as they are newer and more expensive.

I think the 6 is a great phone, so much better than the 5 and I doubt the difference between it and the 7 is as great.

What is force touch?
  • adonis10
    Mabr wrote: »
    My iphone 6 is now out of contract and also fell down the toilet a few weeks ago! It's working fine now but for a few days I faced buying a new phone and the costs involved were an eye opener. I've moved to SIM only with ID Mobile - £10 per month, 5gb of data (which roll over if unused so this month I'm starting with 8.6gb of data). I will use this phone until it dies and then look again at that point.

I also find the 6 to be very resilient. Admittedly it is the first phone I've had with a case but have dropped it 3 or 4 times without the case and not a hint of a cracked screen, compared to my previous 2 (3gs and 5) which cracked as soon as they hit the floor.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    adonis10 wrote: »
    That's a good idea as means you can keep your (presumably) low contract. How much did it cost you?

I was lucky, I only paid £499 for a 128GB 7+.
    Again, good plan. Did you replace the battery yourself? Tempted to get a new battery but get someone to install it.

I did it myself, but I have previous experience with phone repairs. Having said that it was remarkably simple to do.

The battery was “PowerBear” brand, and is still reporting full capacity around 5 months after it was fitted, so I’m happy with the quality of the cells.
    ====
  • adonis10
    Really surprising how expensive contracts are on the Vodafone website compared to carphone warehouse etc. Although the VEA 15% helps.

Also, there is no difference in price between the 7 and 8 which is frustrating.

Where do you all get your contracts from?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure