Visitor from the sticks - Best way to buy west end theatre tickets

I feel very provincial!

Going to London for a week in August and want to book 3 tickets for the Lion King on August 12 Matinee but don't know what the best way to book is as there are hundreds of ticket agencies and I have already seen huge price fluctuations and additional fees.

I don't want to leave it until we get to London to book, and I know it will be (to me) eye-wateringly expensive (if it was just me I'd spend the £250 + quid on something that would last more than a couple of hours but.....).

So what's the cheapest and best way to book?

Are all the seats OK? How much better is it to be in the middle, or the Royal circle for example than anywhere else?

Thanks

Comments

• juno
    juno Posts: 6,553 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The stalls is the best place for this theatre, especially if you can get an aisle seat. Visit Theatre Monkey for opinions - but do bare in mind that if you're taking children they will not be able to see well from a restricted view seat, even if an adult days it is fine.

Phone ticket master and ask if they have any availability for the kidsweek promotion. They might have sold out as The Lion King is very popular. You might struggleto find other offers during the school holidays. Generally, the theatre directly will have lower booking fees than other sites. When you do buy tickets, ask if they are a STAR member. This is the regulatory association - if they're not a member, stay well away.
    Murphy's No More Pies Club #209

Total debt [STRIKE]£4578.27[/STRIKE] £0.00 :j
    100% paid off :j

• paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    In Leicester Square is the TKTS booth, which is owned by the theatres and sells that days returns at a discount every afternoon. There are a lot of ticket sellers in the area, but only one official TKTS one actually in the square itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure