The 5k challenge!!!

I am Gothrockchic (aka GRC). I have moved over from the Debt Free diary board. I have been Debt Free for a month now. I moved to Edinburgh three months ago to find a Rock Band, so far so good and I have found a guitarist and hope to soon find a drummer and another guitarist.

So the goal is to save £5000 :eek: £2000 will be spent on equipment we need good instruments, pedals and wires etc. £3000 will be spent on recording. I figured that it would be best to start saving whilst time is on our side. If it doesn't work out then I can spend the money on a personal project.

So the £5k challenge begins, I have £477 to start off with which is leftover savings after paying off all debts and using them for a deposit on a flat. I also have £82 in Amazon vouchers which we can buy equipment from Amazon too :T

So the main way is by my wages and any vouchers or extras I get.

Welcome to the challenge, anyone is welcome to join

Comments

• gothrockchic1
    gothrockchic1 Posts: 1,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    I thought I should share my previous threads I warn you they make boring reading and some of them don't have any direction, in fact one became a spending diary in the end.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2809142
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4007933

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3681609
  • Evening GRC, made my way over from Em's thread. Is there a time limit or is this thread on going? I need to save approx half that but would love to join a thread for support. Problem being I have no disposable income after paying bills, hence it may take me a while!
  • Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Hey GRC :D

Just popping over to say hello and subscribe. I'm glad you're starting a new thread. Good luck with your savings. Hopefully one day I will be debt free and saving for something too :)

Emz xx
  • I will give you a race...im looking to achieve £10k by xmas. Started Friday just past and have around £1600...good luck, you can definitly do this is no time!
    :eek:Living frugally at 24 :beer:
    Increase net worth £30k in 2016 : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=69797771#post69797771
  • CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,056 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    I am Gothrockchic (aka GRC). I have moved over from the Debt Free diary board. I have been Debt Free for a month now. I moved to Edinburgh three months ago to find a Rock Band, so far so good and I have found a guitarist and hope to soon find a drummer and another guitarist.

So the goal is to save £5000 :eek: £2000 will be spent on equipment we need good instruments, pedals and wires etc. £3000 will be spent on recording. I figured that it would be best to start saving whilst time is on our side. If it doesn't work out then I can spend the money on a personal project.

So the £5k challenge begins, I have £477 to start off with which is leftover savings after paying off all debts and using them for a deposit on a flat. I also have £82 in Amazon vouchers which we can buy equipment from Amazon too :T

So the main way is by my wages and any vouchers or extras I get.

Welcome to the challenge, anyone is welcome to join

Good luck!

I can certainly get you the names of some studios in Edinburgh (one of our studio managers is Scottish and used to own a string of about 80) and some headers for equipment. What you ideally want is a decent independent for about £200 a day :)

CK
    💙💛 💔
  • gothrockchic1
    Evening GRC, made my way over from Em's thread. Is there a time limit or is this thread on going? I need to save approx half that but would love to join a thread for support. Problem being I have no disposable income after paying bills, hence it may take me a while!

There's no time limit, but if you want to put a limit on it then thats fine! :)
  • gothrockchic1
    CKhalvashi wrote: »
    Good luck!

I can certainly get you the names of some studios in Edinburgh (one of our studio managers is Scottish and used to own a string of about 80) and some headers for equipment. What you ideally want is a decent independent for about £200 a day :)

CK

That would be fab can you pm me? Also am I allowing enough to record? :cool:
  • gothrockchic1
    I will give you a race...im looking to achieve £10k by xmas. Started Friday just past and have around £1600...good luck, you can definitly do this is no time!

Your on!! Let me know how you get on.
  • gothrockchic1
    Decided to start the make £5 a day thread, not sure if I will get £10 a day. But I am doing a practise run, so far I have received two £5 Amazon vouchers so I am doing well :)
  • Just got an email from Quidco saying I'm getting £1.05 from all my check ins done this week! :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure