PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Decluttering 2012, this year, definitely ...

Yes, it's another new year and I'm ashamed to say that I am still not decluttered.

In April I took a storage facility, and yes, you've guessed it, I've filled that as well :o I do buy and sell for a living, so suppose I sort of have an excuse

The dining room was tidied for Christmas and it looks lovely, and I have uttered those words again "It is never getting like that again", but time will tell ...

Happy New Year to all fellow declutterers, 2012 could be the year I finally achieve it :rotfl:
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D

Comments

• Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Me too!!! Its a disaster area in my house! Most of it is good enough to ebay... but this darned board takes up too much of my time so I don't get it done!!!

I have started my great declutter today :T
  • I seem to just move clutter from one room to the next lol! Good luck to all de-clutterers!!!!
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Oh, us too. We keep saying we'll sell stuff on ebay and take what doesn't sell to the charity shops (I already have taken a load of stuff to the charity shop every few weeks). I made dh watch the show about the OCD hoarder on channel four a couple of weeks ago and said I dread that we might turn into him, so its going, THIS YEAR, and if we don't arrange to sell it then its gifted.

e.g. shoes of mine I won't wear, or, haven't every worn......got to go. (otherwise no room for NEW shoes)
  • Fruball
    Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh that hoarder programme!!! I have saved it on Sky+! I was laughing most of the time, altho it did upset me too. Felt very sorry for that chap. Wonder if they will do a follow up programme? I am going to email Ch4 and ask them... If enough people ask, I am sure they will :)

My DS watched it, mostly with his mouth wide open! He was horrified and I think he could see a bit of him and me in it :o IF we don't sort out our stuff!!!

If I am totally honest :o:o:o:o:o:o The carp on one side of my bedroom is now half way to being bed height... If I carry on as I am, its going to hit window ledge level :eek: :o:o:o:o:o:o For gawd's sake don't quote my post as I may be back to [STRIKE]delete[/STRIKE] amend my post later :rotfl:

It doesn't help that the kids dump stuff in there.... Reminds me, I bought a latch hook so I AM going to screw that in today so they can't get in my room!!! Then I stand a half reasonable chance of getting it straight.

Declutter started today with the kitchen and, now I remember, I decluttered the dining table last night :T
  • Fruball
    Forumite
    :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

:wall::wall::wall:

It wasn't me! My bedroom is a minimalist, clutter free zone. A HAVEN of TRANQUILITY :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
  • Cat501
    Cat501 Posts: 1,195
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Iol sorry Frugal, I shall declutter the post.....it's just nice to read that someone has a bedroom even HALF as cluttered as mine!:D
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Frugal wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh that hoarder programme!!! I have saved it on Sky+! I was laughing most of the time, altho it did upset me too. Felt very sorry for that chap.

I think in fract he came over a LOT better than some of his rather small minded neighbours...but nonetheless I do not want to be like Richard. DH wanted to keep the box a gift came in and I just barked ''richard'' at him. I think its the first year all the wrapping paper has been delt with before the twelth day. we keep stuff. we like stuff.

Part of the issue for us is we had stuff in storage while I was first ill then we lived over seas then lived with my family.....when my stuff went into storage first I was in my early twenties and might conceivably have worn pink plastic stilettos. The chances are at best slim now....but they remind me of times when I did wear them.......

I've been ruthless in the past: I have little stuff from childhood, but dh has old school books etc. if it ended with a few old school books we'd be ok, but we just keep stuff ''in case its useful'' and it never is, or is never finadble when it would be...so its GOING.
  • Good luck and lots of motivation to all declutterers in 2012!

I have been decluttering since moving out of my old 4 bed home almost exactly 3 years ago, after splitting from my ex. I bought my own 2-bed place 18 months ago, and after so long, I'd finally de-junked enough to get a bed in my 2nd bedroom for Christmas guests. I've been so chuffed, it looks great now it's not full of boxes.

There's still some decluttering to go though. Boxes of photos, albums and frames to sort out, 2 boxes of mementos, 2 boxes of general goodness-knows-what, the worksurface of doom by the dining table and then a general clothes chuck out. it will take a long time, but it's great finding a home for everything, or getting rid! It feels particularly good at this time of year too.
  • Decluttering is fabulous, although once you start you may not stop! My plan is to declutter the shed as soon as possible, all the things I had arranged to be given away through freecycle and what not and people never turned up shall be going to the charity shop pending the car situation and if not binned. need to realise that if people don't want it then there's no point holding onto it until someone who does comes along.
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • I am in, I was only the old one for a while and did make some progress.

Not much tho.

I am just so lazy! :rotfl:

I shouldn't laugh, it is making my life quite the disaster.

xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family